• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Florida 2015 - 2017 Active Grille Shutter Motor

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Willing to consider the entire Grille Shutter Assembly but all I really need is the motor.

ActiveGrillShutters.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ecto1

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
No, it works fine. I want one to experiment on. I want to modify the motor so I can override the position of the shutters with a switch from inside the car. But i need a motor to disassemble to figure out if it's possible and prototype. I hate to buy an entire assembly just to diddle with the motor.

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
idk if you’ll find just a motor for it cause if it’s not plugged in, it’ll throw a CEL. tbh the shutters are pointless imo. i took mine off and got way better temps

OP
OP
Ecto1

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I get higher temps than I'm comfortable with when towing. So I definitely want to get the shutters out of the way during towing. I'm also trying to plan mods for performance upgrades. If I'm successful with my upgrades I'll also want to get the shutters out of the way when taking advantage of the add'l horsepower. Cooler is better when pushing the engine. But I think I still want the shutters during touring on the highway, especially if I can use an "Eco mode" tune (COBB OTS or custom). So if I can find just a shutter motor I'll tinker with it and see what I can come up with. If not, no great loss.

Thx.

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
idk if you’ll find just a motor for it cause if it’s not plugged in, it’ll throw a CEL. tbh the shutters are pointless imo. i took mine off and got way better temps
Unplugging the AGS connector does not turn the check engine light on but does store a code for loss of communication in PCM memory. I have mine disconnected and no CEL illuminated, just stored code in PCM.

Mine sets a P05A1 "AGS shutter A position sensor Min/Max stop performance" code intermittently and I have seen on interstates at 74 mph cruising that the engine cylinder head temps would climb to 216 degrees while shutters were closed to as low as 11%, then they open to 100% and cylinder head temps drop to 185 degrees. This cycle would repeat itself whole time on interstate. Since disconnecting the AGS connector the highest temps I see on interstate is 190 degrees for a few seconds and then back to 185 degrees so only a 5 degree swing. This is with the A/C off so coolant fans not running constantly and same temps with A/C on as well. I have seen no discernable reduction in fuel milage with the shutters fully open 100% of the time.

Just my 0.02 cents worth.

BD

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I also tried just disconnecting the linkage between the upper and lower grill shutters so the lower IC shutters were zip tied in the open position but the code "P059F AGS shutter A performance stuck off" so there has to be a micro switch that the linkage of the IC shutters contacts to tell the PCM that they are stuck open all the time. I believe that switch in in the grill shutter motor also so I would also like to find a spare motor to dissect and experiment with.

I am not paying 240 bucks for a new motor just to experiment with either. If cannot modify or get to keep from setting codes I can at least use it to keep plugged into PCM connector to fool, it from setting codes and remove the shutter vanes from the ducting assy for full air flow.

BD
Sponsored