Sponsored

2015-2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2015+ Shelby GT350/R Mustang did you order

• Total voters

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I thought Ford is currently not accepting orders on the R.
I don't know about USA but in Canada as long as the dealer has "allocation" for a model, regardless what trim level, they can order. In the case of factory ordering for a customer, allocation is not an issue as it isn't considered as stock inventory.. so yes they can order whatever the customer wants o.a.c. so my guess is if the dealer says they can't order, it most likely means ford hasn't given allocation for that model for store inventory.
Sponsored

rahtid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I thought Ford is currently not accepting orders on the R.
My dealer was allocated for 5 GT350 and only 1 could be for an R. I took it ;)

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
My dealer was allocated for 5 GT350 and only 1 could be for an R. I took it ;)
Congrads and welcome to the R family. As far as ordering...the dealer puts the order in, then the zone rep tells the dealership that they are pulling an order on an R model, then you wait for a VIN number, then a build date, blend and you then on the home stretch...:cheers:

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
guys I dont know where to share this but I got my vin today!!:D:cheers::headbang::thumbsup: :eyebulge: last 4 digits are 2091 :hail::first:

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
guys I dont know where to share this but I got my vin today!!:D:cheers::headbang::thumbsup: :eyebulge: last 4 digits are 2091 :hail::first:

Congrats!!!!! :cheers:

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
thanks bro, i cant pull the window sticker though ugh

chorline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 BMW E92 M3. '14 Jeep GC Diesel
thanks bro, i cant pull the window sticker though ugh
yeah. I seem to remember reading someplace else that your window sticker doesn't get populated until closer to production. I also believe Ford updates their systems on Thursdays so I have a reminder every Friday until the week of 12/21 when mine is scheduled to be built to see if my window sticker is ready. good luck!

TexanZSG21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I think another thread mentions that you won't be able to pull your sticker until about a week out from it's build date.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I think another thread mentions that you won't be able to pull your sticker until about a week out from it's build date.
That's exactly what happened with mine about 10 days ago, although it's still not available on all the sites that say they can run a window sticker if you have a VIN.

Boost930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R (black), 2016 GT350 (white)
Killing me....

I excitedly kept track as my car was scheduled (blend date), hit the production line, rolled off the production line, and was loaded into a rail car. I got the rail car number, and checked twice or three times a day as it made its way from Flat Rock to Vancouver. Traveling day and night, the journey took only a few days.

The car has now been sitting in the rail yard in Vancouver for 5 solid days. It's literally a few miles from my house. The dealer has no way of determining when the local carrier will deliver it. And they don't work on weekends, so with one day left this week, my dreams of having two days with my new ride before heading out on a 10-day business trip are just about dead.

Man, so frustrating....

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I excitedly kept track as my car was scheduled (blend date), hit the production line, rolled off the production line, and was loaded into a rail car. I got the rail car number, and checked twice or three times a day as it made its way from Flat Rock to Vancouver. Traveling day and night, the journey took only a few days.

The car has now been sitting in the rail yard in Vancouver for 5 solid days. It's literally a few miles from my house. The dealer has no way of determining when the local carrier will deliver it. And they don't work on weekends, so with one day left this week, my dreams of having two days with my new ride before heading out on a 10-day business trip are just about dead.

Man, so frustrating....
Who did u order through? Richport, coastal, Steve Marshall?

chorline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 BMW E92 M3. '14 Jeep GC Diesel

Man, so frustrating....
that stinks man. sorry. is it a customs thing you think?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
that stinks man. sorry. is it a customs thing you think?
He says the car is already in Canada... I know why it's not delivered to dealer yet, transport carrier told me they don't have enough trucks to carry vehicles to dealerships so that's why they're backed up.. I heard a lot of new 2016 F150s are waiting at the yard for transport carrier..

Boost930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R (black), 2016 GT350 (white)
He says the car is already in Canada... I know why it's not delivered to dealer yet, transport carrier told me they don't have enough trucks to carry vehicles to dealerships so that's why they're backed up.. I heard a lot of new 2016 F150s are waiting at the yard for transport carrier..
I doubt it's a customs thing. It crossed the border in Manitoba. It's more likely the truck shortage. That said, they delivered 5 regular Mustangs to the dealership today. Ugh.