Sponsored

2013/2014 TPMS sensors compatible with 2015?

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 EB PP
I just picked up a set of rims and TPMS sensors off a 2013/14 GT. Anyone know if the TPMS sensors will be compatible with my 2015 GT? The idea is to have winter tires mounted on this set, and swap my stock rims out once it starts getting cold.
Sponsored

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
The TPMS on the Mustang is an odd system.

So I don't have TPMS sensors in my wheels, so usually at about the 33 mile mark every day I get the TPMS warning. It resets at night because I park my car right next to my stock wheels that still have the TPMS sensors.

However, I went on a cruise with my friend and while we were going slowly thru a canyon (really, we were going slow because it was sketchy) I stayed close to him for long enough for my car to pick up his TPMS sensors. I noticed my TPMS light turned off and it confused me. So I pulled up the tire screen, and sure enough I had readings for all 4 wheels. I happened to notice one of them was lower than the others, so I called him and asked him to check what his car showed. Sure enough, his car showed one being low too.

Now, my car wont sync with my own wheels in the garage.

So the programming tool must be to program the wheel location, not the actual sensors to the car.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
The TPMS on the Mustang is an odd system.

So I don't have TPMS sensors in my wheels, so usually at about the 33 mile mark every day I get the TPMS warning. It resets at night because I park my car right next to my stock wheels that still have the TPMS sensors.

However, I went on a cruise with my friend and while we were going slowly thru a canyon (really, we were going slow because it was sketchy) I stayed close to him for long enough for my car to pick up his TPMS sensors. I noticed my TPMS light turned off and it confused me. So I pulled up the tire screen, and sure enough I had readings for all 4 wheels. I happened to notice one of them was lower than the others, so I called him and asked him to check what his car showed. Sure enough, his car showed one being low too.

Now, my car wont sync with my own wheels in the garage.

So the programming tool must be to program the wheel location, not the actual sensors to the car.
both actually, location and tpms code

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
My tpms from 2014 GT work. They didnt even had to be calibrated. I mounted the wheels up and they were getting a signal.
Sponsored