Sponsored

19 Inch Wheel Alchemy for Mustang GT with Brembos aka PP

gwrx64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hi Everyone,

I’ve been searching and researching wheels for my 2015 Mustang GT w/PP and it is exhausting to say the least. I’m in month 5 of this epic journey. Most of this has been on the very helpful Mustang6G forum.

The wheels I’m looking for are for Autocross and Track days. My Mustang is not daily driven.

New Wheel Criteria Listed in Highest Priority:

1. Price. Target = $280 or lower per wheel. Would go up to $330 each IF they are super lightweight OR look awesome.
  2. Lightweight. Target = 22lbs. Would go as high as 27lbs IF they are very inexpensive OR look awesome.
  3. Color. Target = Dark Grey, Anthracite, other dark color. This is a grey area (pun intended) as I’ve seen some Niche Invert wheels in grey spoke w/shiny gold rim and they look interesting online.
  4. Spokes. Target = fewer is better and easier to clean. Another grey area. If they look really trick, I could enjoy cleaning a set of Niche Alpine with the rim full of rivets.

Wheel size needs to be stock for participating in F Street Class in SCCA Autocross. So, looking for 19x9 front wheels and 19x9.5 rear wheels. Plan on using 275/35r19 front and 285/35r19 rear.

I’ve found some good contenders (Niche; Invert, Apex, Alpine, Misano, Targa AND TSW Bathurst, Nurburgring, Portier) but none are 100%. Can’t find it in a 19x9, can’t find the weight, No one knows the options for colors, not sure if it fits in Concave versus Standard Lip versus Monoblock, etc. and will clear the Brembos or suspension.

All this said, my questions are:

• Is there a secret list of wheel weights or do we stumble into them like I’ve seen on the “wheel weight thread” on the Mustang6g forum? I reached out to 3 wheel manufacturers via email and phone with more confusion than answers.
  • Niche has a tech page with their construction designs. Monoblock, Mono.2, Std, Std Lip, Concave, Deep Concave, Concave Step Lip, and Concave Step Lip/Elevated Spoke. This means that several of their wheels have more than 2 or 3 versions. Which of these will fit over the Brembo brakes?
  • Offset. Do I just need to use a +30 for any 19x9 wheel for the Mustang OR is that going to change based on wheel design? Case in point a Niche Targa Deep Concave versus a Niche Invert Standard Step Lip?
Thanks Everyone!
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I'm biased, but I believe with criteria you listed, the TSW rotary forged wheels (bathurst, nurburgring, and some others) fit most of your requirements. They're light and cheap (for rotary forged). Although, they'll come at the top of your price range at about $350 per wheel. Weight on my 20 inch rims are at the bottom end of your weight range. I imagine the 19 inch versions are a bit lighter.

I have the bathurst in gunmetal, and they're easy to clean. They're a 10 spoke design, but they don't have a ton of nooks and crannies. They hide brake dust extremely well also.

As far as fitment, I highly recommend you contact one of the vendors here. Some of them have a list of weights posted in their individual threads here, but they're generally not widely publicized unless you specifically ask. The weight of the wheel can vary depending on what style and offset it has.

Your best bet is to contact either [MENTION=11223]GetYourWheels[/MENTION] or [MENTION=11685]Need4SpeedMotors[/MENTION]

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I can def help you out and find a wheel option that fits the bill and weighs the desired weight you want as well.

PM sent

OP
OP

gwrx64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm biased, but I believe with criteria you listed, the TSW rotary forged wheels (bathurst, nurburgring, and some others) fit most of your requirements. They're light and cheap (for rotary forged). Although, they'll come at the top of your price range at about $350 per wheel. Weight on my 20 inch rims are at the bottom end of your weight range. I imagine the 19 inch versions are a bit lighter.

I have the bathurst in gunmetal, and they're easy to clean. They're a 10 spoke design, but they don't have a ton of nooks and crannies. They hide brake dust extremely well also.

As far as fitment, I highly recommend you contact one of the vendors here. Some of them have a list of weights posted in their individual threads here, but they're generally not widely publicized unless you specifically ask. The weight of the wheel can vary depending on what style and offset it has.

Your best bet is to contact either [MENTION=11223]GetYourWheels[/MENTION] or [MENTION=11685]Need4SpeedMotors[/MENTION]
Hi plc268,

Your wheels, the TSW Bathurst, are on my short list for all the reasons you mention. Price is high end of my criteria and for that reason, I'm considering offerings from Niche.
They make some different, good looking wheels. Some of the Niche wheels have a lip and variants of the same wheel do not. I'm old school and like the look of a lip. If I knew the weights of the Niche Invert, Apex, Alpine, Misano, and Targa in 19x9, that would make or break it as a viable choice. Not seeing their weights online leads me to think they are heavy.

Agree on your fitment recommendation. I'm pretty savvy on cars but those guys really know it. It's what they do and they have the experience.

Thanks!
Sponsored