Sponsored

15 steering issue. by design or flaw

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Tramlining wouldn't try to hold a steered position.

On the S197s with EPAS they snuck in a couple of steering assist features - active nibble control and pull-drift compensation that are supposed to reduce the need for making small steering corrections - mainly benefitting the below-average drivers among us. But those features don't play nice with certain front suspension modifications (front LCA bushing swaps in particular). I'm betting that even though it's not as bad as the uncontrollable shimmying that showed up in the S197, those little extras still aren't quite ready for prime time.

Norm
Thanks for posting that info. Explains a lot of what I've observed with my new S550.
Sponsored

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
Ok, I brought my car to the dealership this morning. I could not duplicate the steering wheel issue on the way down. The tech took the car for about 10-15 minutes on roads that I know have many left turns. He could not duplicate the issue. On the way home, I still could not duplicate the binding/notchiness.

So that leaves me absolutely nowhere! I suppose I'll just have to live with the problem. I don't see it as a safety issue, but rather as an annoyance.

That's my story and I may change it at a moment's notice.
Usually on vehicles with this issue, a simple restart makes it disappear for a time. It can be maddening.