Sponsored

'15-'17 PCM capability for other engines?

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

Is this ECU capable of controlling other engines of different types?
For example a 10cyl engine without VCT? Could the VCT drivers be reconfigured for two more coils and injectors?

cheers
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
No. The PCMs are specific to the engines they're programmed to control, and would likely require extensive custom work (think completely custom firmware, not just tune) to be able to do what you're looking to do. If you're looking to control a V10, look into custom engine management systems. Looks like this will support up to V12 applications: https://www.diyautotune.com/product/ms3pro-ultimate-standalone-engine-management-system/

JR

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the quick reply Jack!
Well I know the Pro-M ECU is configurable for 10cyl and it's Spanish Oak based so I could probably go that way.
Or maybe theres's good recal. support for a '17 6.8L Super duty PCM so I could come at from that way. An aftermarket ECU is not the way I need to go so, that's a no to the megasquirt, in fact I'd probably go with the Holley ECU over that one if I did.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
lund racing has a gen1 coyote computer controlling a 03 cobra

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
the stock computer can be tuned to run any 8cyl engine.
I think #YDBT Alejandro Flores mentioned it in one of his youtube videos, just need crank trigger, throttle by wire, and some other inputs to make it run any 8 cylinder engine. Don't quote me on it, check out his videos!

OP
OP
FIXR7

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes thankyou....8cyls is easy. The question is about 10+ cyls
Sponsored