s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
The title says it all...10,000 miles in just over a month, over 30 states visited, and all in my modded 2015 V6! My car is not "built", just as a heads up, but it does have a very unique suspension and intake as well as IRS mods which I will detail. I am making this post mainly incase anyone has any questions about the products I used but I am hoping this inspires someone else to go on a cross country trip! It was honestly the most eye opening and fun experience of my life.

The Path: New York to Denver, camping in Rockey Mountain National Park and Yosemite, up to Seattle, Portland, down through the east coast of California to LA, out to Vegas, down through Albuquerque to Austin, Austin to New Orleans then up to Nashville and back to New York.

The Car: 2015 Mustang V6, Steeda Proaction Fixed Shocks and struts with BMR Performance Springs, BMR rear subframe lockout, BMR spherical vertical links, Steeda billet rear shock mount, BMR front caster/camber plates, Steeda G-trac brace, and the three point cowl brace from Ford. The exhaust is a GT exhaust with an H-pipe resonator delete. The engine is stock but the intake is an 80mm diameter pipe coming from the stock airbox to a GT takeoff throttle body on a ported upper intake manifold. There is a lightweight water pump pulley on the engine. I also have a UPR oil separator. The wheels are 18" and rims are stock 235/50r18 Goodyear all seasons.

The Drive: We cruised anywhere from 65 to 95 depending on the state. I changed my oil and filter twice on the trip with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. We encountered temps from 35 to 120 F and altitudes from 10,000 Ft to below sea level.

The Verdict: Road trips are awesome in a mustang!
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
How tall are your kids for one to be sitting in the back?? Either way that sounds like a blast, definitely a trip to remember.

OP
OP
s550v6

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
How tall are your kids for one to be sitting in the back?? Either way that sounds like a blast, definitely a trip to remember.
Just me and my friend, no kids! But thank you!

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
Just me and my friend, no kids! But thank you!
I read it the same way and thought you were hauling two college age kids around on the trip. Lol!

Sounds like a ton of fun :cheers:
Sponsored