Sponsored

03 Cobra To A 16 Magnetic GT

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
My 1st post so... Going from a 620+ RWHP 2003 Redfire Red Cobra only 37K miles to this, a 2016 Magnetic Premium GT. Do I miss my Cobra yes I do, but I had to sell it and get an Auto.

Little reason, I have lived with a birth defect in my left ankle since birth, and now at a young age of 42, I decided to make my life a lot easier. So, I amputated my left leg below my knee which requires me to drive an auto. Yes, I could at some point drive a auto again, but I did not want to be that person and mess up just one time and wreck it. Yes, I could have put an Auto in it, but I wanted to keep it a manual and let someone else enjoy it.

So, now let the new modding begin. First up on order is Corsa Extreme Cat-back est delv 5/18, and Eibach Sportlines coming as well.

Already done are the 5.0 Black outs, and the Switchback White Lights.

I chose Magnetic because it is similar to the 1991 Notch Back 5.0 first owned and I miss that car the most everyday. 2016 will make this my 6 stang to own overall.

Pics right after I got it home, and I did my full wax job on it. Cell Pics dont do it justice. More pics in the link.https://goo.gl/photos/7SnsmdhUvMM5hqkR6

Sold 2003 Redfire Red Cobra only 37K miles
Link to Cobra Pics https://goo.gl/photos/kvvGgRHbJGFRD8X68 FYI - last two what looks pics are vids of the car running

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
nice rides.

Sorry about the leg, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Beautiful Car, Any plans for boost to get back to same power levels as before?

Poisond281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing exciting
Slick terminator. I've been debating on trying to pick one up rather than get a S550.

Love the S550 as well though!

Sponsored

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Beautiful Cobra, hope she went to a good home.

Congrats on the new S550!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Not many mustangs worth getting rid of a 03 cobra but these 6g are. Congrats on the new car your gonna love it

Reactions: 113

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
I had a medical issue that caused me to trade in my '13 ST for an auto. While not as severe as your condition, it was something I had to do for my long term health.

As it turns out, driving an auto in a enthusiast car is really not as bad as it seems. You don't get the connectivity of a manual, but overall driving in bumper-to-bumper is more enjoyable and the rev-matching in sport and track mode is so cool.

In the end I don't miss a manual as much as I thought I would. Perhaps it is just this car because I think an auto in my ST would have been very boring. But without actually haven driven such a car in the real world, it is hard to say.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
The 6R80 is a real solid box...since you are planning boost in the future, having the Auto is a great choice.

Last edited:

bamajoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Got rid of my 03 redfire also. Love the new GT. Good luck with your health.

Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Damn OP.. that was a mint Cobra.. I'd be hard pressed to let that Termi go.

On another note, sorry to hear about your health issues. Must be really bad for you to make such an extreme decision. I can't imagine wanting to cut off any piece of myself for any reason... let alone a whole limb.

My condolences.. enjoy your S550 tho.. she's a beaut, in the interior department, non of the other generations short of the classics can even compare, such a vast improvement it's ridiculous.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Damn, that sucks. My aunt has a '04 cobra and it screams. Of course it isn't stock anymore, but even when it was, it was a nice ride. I'm loving my own purchase here. I mean as far as HP and torque goes aren't the 2015/16 GTs making somewhat similar dynos to the 03/04 cobras? Do feel free to slap me if I looked up the wrong info haha. But I'd say you made a pretty fair trade-up.

How are the automatics these days? I'm sure they at least let you change through the gears with steering wheel paddles or using the shifter on the center console, right? Truth is I haven't been inside a mustang newer than my '06 I just got rid of, and at the dealership the only ones I crawled inside of to look at were manuals.

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
I had a mineral grey 03 Cobra that I sold and later got this auto 2016 GT, magnetic too!

You'll be happy!
Sponsored