Sponsored

Horn sounds when you leave the car running

Duffdood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 5.0 GT Magnet Grey
Morning - quick question, in the cold mornings I often go out and start the engine to de-ice the windscreen and heat the car, but as I am taking the key with me out of the car with the engine running, the car sounds the horn twice which at 6.45am is not very neighbour friendly. Does anyone know how to disable this "feature"? Cheers
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
you can do it by going in to the developer/manager/debug menu's etc can't remember what they're called there's a how to somewhere on here for how to do it.

think you hold down the ok button before you press the ignition on button

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
you can do it by going in to the developer/manager/debug menu's etc can't remember what they're called there's a how to somewhere on here for how to do it.

think you hold down the ok button before you press the ignition on button
Interesting infos here, do you have more details about that ?

This double-honk thing is really annoying and I want to get rid of that. So any info will be much appreciated :thumbsup:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Interesting infos here, do you have more details about that ?

This double-honk thing is really annoying and I want to get rid of that. So any info will be much appreciated :thumbsup:
Don't quote me on this but I don't think it is something you can just switch off in the settings. Some dude in europe (I think) came up with some kind of software update/hack that disables it. Gotta pay for it though...

Just do what I do and leave the key in the car! It works 50% of the time - when I remember :lol:

OP
OP

Duffdood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 5.0 GT Magnet Grey
found this in another post

"Holding down the eject and the track forward button sends you into the debug menu. Don't know what any of it means "

will go take a look at this debug menu and see what I can break, I mean see :)

Not sure I want to leave the keys in the car with it running...

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Don't quote me on this but I don't think it is something you can just switch off in the settings. Some dude in europe (I think) came up with some kind of software update/hack that disables it. Gotta pay for it though...

Just do what I do and leave the key in the car! It works 50% of the time - when I remember :lol:
Lol and when you have finished your morning cuppa, its gone!!

bLuE_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
A lot of these changes are normally done through plugging into the OBD2 ports and using proprietary handsets or software.
The same way people normally code how the lights, mirrors, door locking/unlocking etc work.

Certainly how it was on other marques that I've experience with.

If it can be done through a menu in the car though I'd be mightily impressed at the ease and lack of expense, and also worried as core controls like this should not be accessible via user controls. Most infotainment solutions and instrument clusters do not have access to the necessary controllers and subsequent canbus network at the right level of authority. They are simply able to display published information from these areas of the vehicle network and retrieve some vehicle or diagnostic information. Hence the need to to physically plug into vehicles normally.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
First time it happened i was standing further away and my daughter close to it. It double honked , freaked her out. I explained it was because she was too close to it and to step away.
Bonus anti kid device now......

bLuE_UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I may have jumped a little when it did it to me for the first time... quick look around to see if anyone saw me get startled by my own car, pretty sure I got away with it.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I paid €15 for a file that gets uploaded to the car via IDS that kills it. It may well do the same job as outlined above but I wouldn't want to start pissing about manually as if that's part of the same post I've seen previously, as Kristian mentions, it's all too easy to get something fatally wrong.

It's mentioned in the last couple of pages of my thread.

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Get a program called forscan
Do a search on here and Google, just need an obd device,

Most of the options in forscan are just enable, disable, etc, not got to mess aroundwith hex etc if u don't want to

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Nice. Seems doable but playing with config files and hex keys are a dangerous game. Killed many a PC in my time doing this sort of thing :lol:
I thought the same thing, but I followed the directions thread and turned mine off. It is SUPER EASY and reversible.

You do not alter or type in any codes, once you get to the selections, there are pull down menus next to several vehicle options, you simply select YES or NO. It took me a couple times to figure out the menus, but once I figured it out, it takes less than 5 minutes. That thread has everything you need. Cheers.
Sponsored