hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have it on my non-PP. There is about an 1/8 inch gap on both sides where the belly pan does not meet the splitter. The plastic is only about 1/8 inch thick as well.

I'm not certain whether that 1/8 gap on each side creates any air issues as I don't have access to my very own wind tunnel ;) but I can say I ran this splitter for 7 sessions at AMP a couple weekends ago and had no issues at all. I personally think it looks great compared to my "baby" splitter that came with the non-pp.

I'll get it up to higher speeds next time I'm at NCM and we'll see how it does there.

You're awesome thank you!!
Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
any more updates on this? i spoke with AM today and they said that it has been revised i ordered it. someone i talked to didnt have this issue of gapping
What was revised exactly?

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I think this splitter was designed to work with the GTPP bellypan, and not the non-PP belly pan.

The issue is the market for an aftermarket front splitter is much greater for those with the non-PP front end (V6, EB, non-PP GT) than the number of people with the GTPP looking to switch up their front ends.

I think the re-design is going to address the fact it doesn't fit the non-PP front end.

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Here is the gap in question. Like I said whether it creates air deflection issues is debatable. I know people that are running no belly pan at the track. I actually like that it gives me a little area to inspect my brake cooling ducts without having to remove the wheel well panels or belly pan. Also yes, this is designed for the PP bellypan and AM should do better at explaining that on their website.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
bumping this thread back up. update on this splitter had to get a new one ford dealer destroyed it in September. when they reinstalled it they half assed it so im going to fix it this weekend. its holding up good but had a thought. found a cheap pp belly pan and was wondering if this would fix the gap. i see someone on AM saying it but wanted to get a good answer

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
bumping this thread back up. update on this splitter had to get a new one ford dealer destroyed it in September. when they reinstalled it they half assed it so im going to fix it this weekend. its holding up good but had a thought. found a cheap pp belly pan and was wondering if this would fix the gap. i see someone on AM saying it but wanted to get a good answer
I'd be interested to see how this turns out.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I think this splitter was designed to work with the GTPP bellypan, and not the non-PP belly pan.

The issue is the market for an aftermarket front splitter is much greater for those with the non-PP front end (V6, EB, non-PP GT) than the number of people with the GTPP looking to switch up their front ends.

I think the re-design is going to address the fact it doesn't fit the non-PP front end.
I'm a bit curious about this now because my non-PP '17 bellypan appears different from the 15s...

Sponsored

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
How is the pp pan supposed to fit? The holes do not align at all. I think I wasted money on the pp pan

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Did it fix the gaps and the holes don't line up or just the holes aren't aligning?

No it doesn’t. This splitter sits way too high for the pp belly pan. The pp splitter comes down to meet the holes for the pp belly pan. The regular belly pan the holes for the screws are raised to meet the splitter.