Soft Top All Season DD Capable?

Lightning

Miss my 93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th anaversery GT, 2019 Golf R
Vehicle Showcase
Well I am now part of the group. Traded in the BMW and picked up the '18 GT vert today.

I can't wait for the first day to drop the top.
Welcome to the brotherhood :headbang:

Hope you enjoy it when you do get a chance to go toppless :D
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Well I am now part of the group. Traded in the BMW and picked up the '18 GT vert today.

Can't wait to hear your review!

OP
OP

smbsocal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT Vert, '17 C7 Z06, '19 BMW X5
I was able to drop the top today and have the red face to prove it. Stuck at work, an issue came up, but I will get some more time in it this week and do a review and comparison to the C7 Z06 (not vert but removable roof) as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

smbsocal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will be a learning process with a soft top but so far I learned how scary it is to have a vert around kittens with claws. Luckily they didn't try to jump on the vert.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Congrats on the purchase. I know what you mean about cats and the vert. We have a yard cat. She used to get on top of the 02 all the time, but since the clot top has been installed I have not seen her on it. I will say I wish the 15+ came with a different color top. The black just shows every little bit of trash. You might want to invest in a lint roller for the car.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

Nice! Would love to see pics!

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual

Greatness! I've been daily driving my convertible GT (2015) for almost a year and love it. I find 40-45 about my cutoff for top down but it's nothing a cap won't solve for short runs. Plus, the looks from everyone in Frisco, Texas when it's 50 degrees and everyone's in their Suburbans with winter coats and designer furry hats freezing and you go by with the top down... kind of fun.

I know I don't belong here - but I'm enjoying it while I'm here lol

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe

Congratulations sir, and welcome to the drop top club. If you own one convertible you will always own at least one convertible. On that perfect day, with your bestie by your side, and driving down that old back road is the best blood pressure medicine known to man. :thumbsup:

Our '18 GT Vert is scheduled to arrive next week. :)

Sponsored

Twinguin

just a little Fury
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s76.photobucket.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Convertible
OP
OP

smbsocal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far we have only had it over spring weather so we will see hot the hot and humid summer is but so far we (the wife and I) are loving the vert. I have always been a windows down kind of person and the vert is like an upgrade to that. :)

If the weather is 50 or more I have had the top down. The downside is that the interior is always dusty.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
So far we have only had it over spring weather so we will see hot the hot and humid summer is but so far we (the wife and I) are loving the vert. I have always been a windows down kind of person and the vert is like an upgrade to that. :)

If the weather is 50 or more I have had the top down. The downside is that the interior is always dusty.
I live in North Carolina. Our state weather is "Humidity". When it's a sunny 97 degrees, and the humidity is 60% I leave the top up. When you're moving it's not so bad, but it can get miserable sitting at a stop light.
Sponsored