Sponsored

2018 Australia

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Not trying to justify anything - I make decisions with my eyes open ;)

The price increase I am suggesting is more in the order of about 10%

GT RRP on release was around $65K and in the early time of release when supply was outstripped by demand there was next to no discounting. I am suggesting similar will happen in 2018 supply will be short and Dealers won’t discount because they’ll be able to sell all they can get. Discounting won’t occur until supply is plentiful - that’s the pricing cycle of most vehicles.

I will happily stand corrected in the New Year if wrong when Ford releases pricing.
As a matter of interest using the UK official pricing a loaded GT Auto with magnaride in Magnetic (with the same options as the current Oz spec) would be 44,690 pounds ex VAT. That is about $79,000 in our money -add on GST and we are sitting at north of $85k.
Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Add in LCT as well as GST, plus on roads, stamp duty and rego.
Going to make convertible price interesting.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
As a matter of interest using the UK official pricing a loaded GT Auto with magnaride in Magnetic (with the same options as the current Oz spec) would be 44,690 pounds ex VAT. That is about $79,000 in our money -add on GST and we are sitting at north of $85k.
A large part of Mustangs success here, is the pricing. Gt fastback is $57k. No one will buy the fastback at anywhere near $80k. Uk was more expensive to start with. I'm thinking $63k for base 2018 fastback GT. And maybe more options this time? But don't worry, substantial discounts will soon follow anyway.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
A large part of Mustangs success here, is the pricing. Gt fastback is $57k+o/r. No one will buy the fastback at anywhere near $80k. Uk was more expensive to start with. I'm thinking $63k for base 2018 fastback GT. And maybe more options this time? But don't worry, substantial discounts will soon follow anyway.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
if 2018 are at 80k ish. does that mean we can sell our 15-17 at almost cost around 50k ish used once the dealer "new" are all sold by end of next year ??

20-30k difference for a new and used seems like a big gap. xD

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
if 2018 are at 80k ish. does that mean we can sell our 15-17 at almost cost around 50k ish used once the dealer "new" are all sold by end of next year ??

If we where talking $80k for a 2018, it would boost resale of MY16/17. But it would totally kill new sales. Not happening.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert

If we where talking $80k for a 2018, it would boost resale of MY16/17. But it would totally kill new sales. Not happening.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
A large part of Mustangs success here, is the pricing. Gt fastback is $57k+o/r. No one will buy the fastback at anywhere near $80k. Uk was more expensive to start with. I'm thinking $63k for base 2018 fastback GT. And maybe more options this time? But don't worry, substantial discounts will soon follow anyway.
Remember though that the current list price of the GT in Auto is about $66K, the $57K +/- is what Dealers have elected to discount to move stock.

I can't see them selling the 2018 at $63K as that would be below the RRP for the current model.

My expectation is you'll see an increase of x% based on the current retail price. Dealers won't initially discount. I'm expecting a base price somewhere in the $70K mark, and then as someone mentioned Ford may elect to offer options such as active exhaust and magnaride.

We'll know soon enough

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
If we're all having a guess, I'm going to say around $75k list price for GT fastback manual.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Remember though that the current list price of the GT in Auto is about $66K, the $57K +/- is what Dealers have elected to discount to move stock.

I can't see them selling the 2018 at $63K as that would be below the RRP for the current model.

My expectation is you'll see an increase of x% based on the current retail price. Dealers won't initially discount. I'm expecting a base price somewhere in the $70K mark, and then as someone mentioned Ford may elect to offer options such as active exhaust and magnaride.

We'll know soon enough
I think we have our wires crossed. RRP price is $57.5k+o/r and $60K for an auto. So I'm guessing 2018 might be $63k, auto $66k. I'm not including o/r cost, because there is to much variation state to state and in dealer delivery charges.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
If we're all having a guess, I'm going to say around $75k list price for GT fastback manual.
Wow! Mustang sales would slow to trickle at that price, for a manual coupe. As it is ,they have been discounting, to move stock.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
They're already at a trickle. We'll see how close I am. Fully optioned on road, $75k. I'll be surprised if it's under $70k.

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
Jeeze i'm seeing alot of negativity regarding the 17 mustang here, end of the day, if what makes you happy is getting the 18, then you're going to pay for it no matter if its $10 more or $10000, if you want it as cheap as possible then you won't get the big reasons to get the 18 (dash or mag), and the angry turtle look resembles the falcon/mondeo doesn't float my boat, i like the aggressive look of the 17, personally i still smile when i walk out at 5am and see my RR 17 on the drive.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey
Jeeze i'm seeing alot of negativity regarding the 17 mustang here, end of the day, if what makes you happy is getting the 18, then you're going to pay for it no matter if its $10 more or $10000, if you want it as cheap as possible then you won't get the big reasons to get the 18 (dash or mag), and the angry turtle look resembles the falcon/mondeo doesn't float my boat, i like the aggressive look of the 17, personally i still smile when i walk out at 5am and see my RR 17 on the drive.

I totally agree. 17 over that ugly 18 front hands down....:headbang:
Sponsored