Sponsored

Reinforcement (Front)

hayabusa16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I really need anyone help who knows how to do this, thank you in advance.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

So, I front ended another car. And im trying to replace it at home. I took the front bumper off, and apparently the reinfrocement got bent. So I am trying to replace that part.

If you guys see on the picture, it is the PURPLE one.

Anyone know how to remove it???

My concern would be airbags sensor and radiator if I need to take em off.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 7.34.06 PM.png
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The purple part is the radiator core support structure.

I know it has visible bolts towards front when hood is opened, but it might also be spot welded into the inner fenders (part 16154B)... I’m pretty sure you would have to remove the exterior front fenders in order to completely access that core support.

OP
OP

hayabusa16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Well do you know if removing inner fenders can be done at home? Or do I need something to lift the engine?

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
The purple part is the radiator core support structure.

I know it has visible bolts towards front when hood is opened, but it might also be spot welded into the inner fenders (part 16154B)... I’m pretty sure you would have to remove the exterior front fenders in order to completely access that core support.
I'm gonna respectfully disagree...... When the body is built, all of the welding is done and the front fenders are attached before the body is painted. No further welding is done after paint, and the fenders are not removed. (The doors are the only painted parts that are removed before the final assembly) Since this part is not body color, it must have been installed later in the assembly process. I believe you can take it out, probably after removing the headlights and such......

The radiator is supported at the bottom, so it may not need to be removed. The airbag sensors simply unbolt. (Probably best to disconnect the battery first....)

OP
OP

hayabusa16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Great, thanks then i think ill try to do it by myself. Do you know if there is any instruction available tho? Because I purchase the service manual but its not there
Sponsored