Sponsored

No engine modification 1/4 mile

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious what folks think a base 2018 Mustang GT A10 (no drag mode) would do on the 1/4 mile with just suspension mods and better wheels/tires. It's a regularly used vehicle so I wont be going extreme like removing seats or front seat bar.

To be specific:
  • Stiffer springs. Ran Steeda dual comp springs on my 2016 so I'm not shy about going with high rate springs
  • Adjustable shocks and struts.
  • Antihop add-ons (BMR, Steeda, etc)
  • Lighter wheels with 305 rear MPSS
  • Any other suspension mods that will help put power down but not significantly reduce driveability

I appreciate the feedback. I'm hoping for 11's but thinking low 12's is all I will get without increasing horsepower.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Skip the street tires and go right to drag radials if you plan on a lot of racing.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Skip the street tires and go right to drag radials if you plan on a lot of racing.
Not until there are better aftermarket support for things that like to break when you use drag radials. Not much out there for 2018's just yet

Some hit 11's stock so 11's should be np!
I'm seeing that but I'm also seeing that these are cars with the drag mode and/or PP installed. I'm sure PP contributes to that time as does drag mode. I've seen what folks have done with a tune, intake, and exhaust. I'm wondering what the car is capable without touching the engine but making the car better in terms of putting power down.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Id say with the suspension work and stuff... 11's lol and DR on a auto breaks things? i thought that was just a 6M thing. i dont see you launching harder then those with drag mode and such that have been doing it hundreds of times with the A10 and they have more power but stock from the trans back with radials

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Not until there are better aftermarket support for things that like to break when you use drag radials. Not much out there for 2018's just yet.
Just curious, but what likes to break on the 18s?

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Not until there are better aftermarket support for things that like to break when you use drag radials. Not much out there for 2018's just yet

I'm seeing that but I'm also seeing that these are cars with the drag mode and/or PP installed. I'm sure PP contributes to that time as does drag mode. I've seen what folks have done with a tune, intake, and exhaust. I'm wondering what the car is capable without touching the engine but making the car better in terms of putting power down.
In terms of putting power down sans anything else you have tires as the option and there are plenty of options for that. If you're worrying about breaking something by using DR's on a bone stock car, the odds are against anything breaking but when racing anything can happen so what level of risk are you willing to accept.

DR's can probably get you into the 11.9's or 11'8's with decent weather and a low DA with Drag Mode, without, not sure. My best run in Sport Mode was a 12.4. I know if I get tires and make the kind of runs I've been doing in Drag Mode hitting an 11 something should be attainable.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
With an automatic? Especially a stock powered automatic???

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Id say with the suspension work and stuff... 11's lol and DR on a auto breaks things? i thought that was just a 6M thing. i dont see you launching harder then those with drag mode and such that have been doing it hundreds of times with the A10 and they have more power but stock from the trans back with radials
No idea. So far everyone that I have spoken with is treating the 10R80 as if it is made of glass. Guess it has to prove itself until folks trust it. I honestly have zero experience with it short of the few miles I have put on the car (haven't cracked 400 miles yet). I rather play it safe until someone more knowledgeable than me says it is cool.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Its the same transmission that in the 650hp/650tq. Camaro ZL1.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I will be running a base, pp1, 10r80 once the weather cools off. Crazy internet rumors waste peoples time. Unplugging the stability and traction plug makes a difference too. I’m laying 275 rubber in 95-100 degree heat. My track is 1500 feet which usually runs .2-.3 slower avg DA than sea level tracks.

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I will be running a base, pp1, 10r80 once the weather cools off. Crazy internet rumors waste peoples time. Unplugging the stability and traction plug makes a difference too. I’m laying 275 rubber in 95-100 degree heat. My track is 1500 feet which usually runs .2-.3 slower avg DA than sea level tracks.
Please share your times when you do run. I appreciate the real world feedback!

And thank you all for your feedback

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Expect 2-3 tenths and 2-3 mph faster in the fall compared to summer! 12.02 was the best I got tonight compared to my PR in my Sig last fall.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Please share your times when you do run. I appreciate the real world feedback!

And thank you all for your feedback
Yeah it fortunately hooks pretty well out of the hole, but it is the 1-2 shift wot that breaks em loose 7650 rpms. Phuckin feels good. I still have my Man card! :).

Ran (7) back to back 12.1’s nero all seasons on 3 different trips in my 14 gt/cs @ 115-116mph. This one feels faster. Will post times.
Sponsored