Sponsored

Keep all your documentation for any issues and more tips

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
No one ever wants to go through the Ford buyback process or Lemon Law claim.

For more info on Lemon Law see this thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59015

However, if it comes to that point, you will need documentation and evidence. Here is a list of what I gathered:

1. Copies of all repair orders. The dealer can reprint any that is missing.
2. Register Ford my pass app which keeps a list of all service visits. You can add visits to non-Ford dealers and maintenance you did yourself.
3. Keep all text messages with the service advisor. Be sure you describe your issue in the text message. Use this to send links of videos for your issue. There are software programs that allow you to download texts to a pdf, text or Word file.
4. Make videos of your issue. Upload to YouTube so it's easy to send links
5. Take pictures of your vehicle while it is in service.
6. Speak directly to the tech that is working on your vehicle
7. Ask for pictures that the tech has taken. Or take pictures of the screen on the camera that was used.
8. Scan all your documents so you have them electronically. BBB only has fax machine and they will tell you they don't accept documents via email. This is not true. My BBB case manager does accept documents by email. The sales contract does not fax well so scanned copy works great.

If anyone has more tips please comment and I will add to the list. Hope this helps.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Agree with ALL of the above.

Once your Ford vehicle has been to ANY Ford Service Center, this VIN is ALWAYS logged in the Ford OASIS system for ANY type of work for that visit (ie: standard service, warranty or body work).

For my prior 2016, I had EXTENSIVE documentation as noted above and kept every single email both received AND sent - because even if say you don’t get a reply, the sent email documents your attempt to get resolution.

Keep your phone records - even though there’s no conversation attached, the outgoing or incoming phone log is record of your attempts at resolution.

Keep all text messages (if applicable) and FAX transmissions.

Be sure to also keep any rental or loaner agreements if you had to pay out of pocket costs for a loaner.

As noted above, if emailing, as much of a PIA it is, be sure that you are leaving DETAILED emails when sending or responding. The more detail, the more facts you have not only about your claim but how it’s being handled.

KEEP NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS of those who you have spoken to either at the Ford Dealership, Ford Service Center, Ford Corporate (800#), Ford RAV, BBB Autoline or any other department locality you have had to call. It’s better to be able to reference a NAME than say “oh, it was a cusomter service rep” where if and when needed, can’t be held accountable for their actions if you don’t have a name.

The NUMBER ONE positive reinforcement when dealing with Ford Corporate CSR’s or Ford RAV for Buy Back or Refund process is to remain 100% professional but stern with your complaint and/or concerns. Cussing, f-bombing, getting loud, yelling or any type of such behavior will not get you anywhere fast - even if you think it will, it won’t.

If you are having communication difficulties with an appointed or assigned Ford CSR or Ford RAV CSR - either politely ask them to speak to their immediate Supervisor OR just call the 800# Back, wait for the prompt to end to get to an Operator and tell them you need a Supervisor for your region.

For those having difficulties at the Ford Service Center or Dealership:
Elevate your concerns to the Ford 800# in order to start a Case and to document the issues at hand - whether poor cusomter service, neglect of your claim, unsatisfactory repairs or even redundant repair efforts. If you DON’T elevate the concern, you’re NOT going to get anywhere with the Dealership or Service Center - what happens there is in house and will not get the priority you need. The 800# isn’t just for Buy Back or Refund issues, it’s for ANYTHING you have a concern with regarding your new vehicle purchase and how you are treated at any franchised Ford Dealership.

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Thanks [MENTION=13960]Cobra Jet[/MENTION]

I added a link to your Lemon Law thread. This one is more for tips on gathering documentation to prepare for Lemon Law or Ford Buyback.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Sad that someone feels the (rightful) need to post buyback tips about a vehicle these days...

OP
OP
bigriver

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Sad that someone feels the (rightful) need to post buyback tips about a vehicle these days...
Yes, unfortunately. Ford can be very difficult to work with (understatement). They approved my buyback two weeks ago and still have not sent me the offer letter. Received an email from the case manager that the RAV department is coordinating with the dealer and will mail the offer letter "soon". In the meantime, my Mustang has been in the shop for 5 consecutive weeks now. With the issues on the 2018, there will be more cases like mine so I'm trying to give others some things to think about, in the same way I've learned from others before me.
Sponsored