Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Okay, lets debunk some stuff right now:

No, PP2 doesn't come with any engine upgrades

No, there is no projected "price hike" for 2019 (Where the hell did you get that from?!)

No, a base PP2 doesn't cost $50k.

My guess is that Bullitt will start in the $47k range, and will max out at $52k. And I highly doubt dealer markups will be an issue... this car won't have anywhere near the hype that the GT350 and Focus RS had
No dealer markup??!! You obviously have never bought a car in California. Trust me. There will be dealer markups. :tsk:
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
No dealer markup??!! You obviously have never bought a car in California. Trust me. There will be dealer markups. :tsk:
He didn't say there won't be markups, just not as bad as the 350 or RS.

The Bullitt is numbered, but NOT limited like the 350 or RS, also the GT500 is coming out so dealers will be more looking to that to mark up. There will be markups, but they will be less of them and the markups will be lower.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think it's not that hard to predict a price.

A GT Premium Fastback with 401A, Performance Pack, Active exhaust and Destination is $47,085. Add to that a 'Bullitt pack' that includes what is basically a cover for modified/specialty parts on the engine, interior, exterior, wheels, brakes and exhaust to the tune of around 3 grand and you end up with a $50,000 base price.

I think the Bullitt tech pack might scare some ppl off because it will include parts of the $1,495 Safe & Smart Pack (unclear which parts though) plus the bigger $895 audio system. So that would realistically go somewhere between $1,295 and $1,995.

MagneRide and Recaros will be standard pricing.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I think it's not that hard to predict a price.

A GT Premium Fastback with 401A, Performance Pack, Active exhaust and Destination is $47,085. Add to that a 'Bullitt pack' that includes what is basically a cover for modified/specialty parts on the engine, interior, exterior, wheels, brakes and exhaust to the tune of around 3 grand and you end up with a $50,000 base price.

I think the Bullitt tech pack might scare some ppl off because it will include parts of the $1,495 Safe & Smart Pack (unclear which parts though) plus the bigger $895 audio system. So that would realistically go somewhere between $1,295 and $1,995.

MagneRide and Recaros will be standard pricing.

Those are already part of 401A and PP1 packages, they are just either different colors or styles. The only real change is the mufflers, paint, and badging. That isn't going to be 3K. In 2008/2009 the WHOLE Bullitt package was $3,300. That included the performance and appearance bits.

I have a feeling this will be priced more like the GT Premium PP2. You can basically take the 401A and add $6500 to it. You can then add the tech pack, Magnaride, and Recaros to that.

My dealer is willing to sell a 401A PP2 + Shaker/active exhaust for about 48K pre-tax, and 51K out the door. A Bullitt with JUST magnaride should be about the same price. Fully loaded I predict to be ~52-53K before taxes.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
My guess on price of a no option car after hearing the content announced - $49,995. Content bundling, balanced against what is most unique and least amortized (wheels, engine enhancements, exhaust sound tuning), might have more of an effect than ordering a GT Premium with 401A interior array. Adding options would push it over $50000 at that point.
The 09 I had stickered for 36K. Remember, the Bullitt has a manual trans, so I think your numbers are real close to the price. I contacted a dealer with a ton of options which gave the car a msrp of 51,565. They gave me a complete breakdown of pricing IN PRINT. Here it is:

Bob Date: 1/15/2018
MI Oakland 48363
1FA6P8CF8J5102743
2018 Mustang GT Premium
MSRP 51565
Sale Price w/ Standard Rebates 44667
Freight 900
Processing Fee 699
Est MI Taxes 2943.42
Est MI Tags 395
Total Inc Rebates & FMCC if Applicable 49604.42

Taking out the Michigan sales tax (6%) and tags, they are actually reducing the MSRP to $46,666 or about $5,000 off the sticker. They would sell me the car for that right now.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Where was this comparison? Someone on YouTube said the same thing that the regular '18 IM makes more power throughout the rev range except peak.

If you got a link I'll take it thanks.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95295&page=4

Looks like it was an aftermarket tune, but they didn't tune differently for the 2 different manifolds. It was tuned for the GT350 manifold, and made more power with a simple 18 IM swap.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The only real change is the mufflers, paint, and badging.
Those are the same level of change as green stitched interior panels or black Bullitt style wheels.

Green metallic paint costs the same as blue metallic paint
A Bullit style wheel costs the same as a PP1 wheel
A Bullit logo airbag costs the same as a pony logo airbag
An active Bullitt muffler costs the same a regular active muffler
A Bullitt grille costs the same as standard GT pony grille
etc

The only things on this car that I could imagine actually costs more to procure than their normal 401A PP counterpart are the manifold/throttle bodies, air intake, painted brake calipers and chrome side window trim. Maybe the shiftknob.

And yet Ford will or sure find an excuse to charge 3 grand for the pack, which in part of course can be explained by the fact that they need to recover the costs for development of all the unique parts and keeping reasonable replacement stock on them. With a one year production run those costs need to be coverd by a relatively limited amount of cars.

We'll have to see :cheers:

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Those are the same level of change as green stitched interior panels or black Bullitt style wheels.

etc

The only things on this car that I could imagine actually costs more to procure than their normal 401A PP counterpart are the manifold/throttle bodies, air intake, painted brake calipers and chrome side window trim. Maybe the shiftknob.

And yet Ford will or sure find an excuse to charge 3 grand for the pack, which in part of course can be explained by the fact that they need to recover the costs for development of all the unique parts and keeping reasonable replacement stock on them. With a one year production run those costs need to be coverd by a relatively limited amount of cars.

Actually it costs Ford more because they have to pay license fees to WB to use the Bullitt name.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

etc

I could be wrong but I thought all PP1 brakes were red. Also Chrome trim is an option in the EU.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Actually it costs Ford more because they have to pay license fees to WB to use the Bullitt name.
Good point, so that's also something that's included in the package price. And it ain't going to be $1 per car for sure.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I could be wrong but I thought all PP1 brakes were red. Also Chrome trim is an option in the EU.
Yeah the chrome trim is not a new development. It's the same as on the 2015 50th Anniversary LE and also on the Pony Pack and on the export models. What I meant is I could imagine the purchase cost of a set of those trims is slightly more than the standard rubber version.

I've never seen red calipers though. All export market cars have Performance Pack as standard and those all have regular metal calipers, even the 6 pot GT ones.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Looks like that leaked bullitt window sticker is legit!!!!
According to that it was 56K before any options. I think it may have been right in the items listed, but not the price. We'll see though. I don't expect to see fully loaded over 55K.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
That was also on the older engine design. Not sure how much that impacts things, just pointing it out.
Other than changing the swirl slightly, it shouldn't matter much. If intake volume and velocity are similar, the power output will be similar between 2 intake manifolds. It wouldn't shock me if they just used the GT350 manifold to justify the increased price for the Bullitt package. It will be interesting to see some results with both IMs on the 2018s.
Sponsored