Sponsored

Anyone else have this issue with their leather

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
my buddy picked up an ecoboost car and he is very big and heavy and between him and his wife the seats look like yours and worse.
Sponsored

Thinkn3D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT/PP, 66 Fairlane XL390
I have similar issues; I don't mind. I prefer a higher-quality "loose" leather seat to a lower-quality "tight" leather seat.
Is that the way you like your women?

OP
OP
loonysup

loonysup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium ingot silver w/ saddle leather
So much for this thread....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Jaxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Mine are like that from day one on both sides but the worst one is the passenger side. They are too loose and it feels as if the padding is not enough to stretch the leather back to normal. I will take mine back to the dealer some time after the holidays as I have a lot of driving planned in the next 2 weeks so no time. I am worry about the longevity of the leathers if they are looking so bad now while still new.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The driver seat and half the passenger seat look terrific, but one side of the passenger seat looks like this
Thanks for looping me in on this, loonysup. :)

Not nearly that bad, but my driver seat isn't what I'd call perfect on the left bottom bolster.
My passenger side, by the door looks a bit like that.

Leather is real soft and feels like there is no support behind it.
Mine are like that from day one on both sides but the worst one is the passenger side. They are too loose and it feels as if the padding is not enough to stretch the leather back to normal. I will take mine back to the dealer some time after the holidays as I have a lot of driving planned in the next 2 weeks so no time. I am worry about the longevity of the leathers if they are looking so bad now while still new.
Let's see how I can best assist with getting those seats in tip-top shape, JeffreyDJ, MELLOWYELLOW06, and Jaxstang. Making an appointment with your dealers is a great first step. Please let me know when you do so, and include your full names, best contact numbers, current mileage, VINs, and servicing dealers.

My seats have the same problem. To be honest, it really doesn't bother me. I do wonder how that will affect long term wear and tear though.
I have similar issues; I don't mind. I prefer a higher-quality "loose" leather seat to a lower-quality "tight" leather seat.
Let me know if you decide to take your Ponies to the dealers for this, franklin9150 and JimmyTwoTimes. I'll need the above requested information

Rachel

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I've yet to decide if it's worth taking to the dealer for my issue.
IMG_0183.jpg

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Out of curiosity, do we know exactly which parts of the seats are leather and which parts are vinyl/"pleather"? Are just the perforated areas leather and the rest vinyl? Buying leather seats doesn't seem to get you much leather anymore, just acres of vinyl.

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
b91ac85ec1374b0708bd313b8491c1e2.jpg
edca17155ec9d4f9d05cc789887b2176.jpg

I just noticed this with the driver seat. Should I be concerned? I have only driven it once and only 70kms on it. Will the dealer fix this or will they say that's normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
^ mine is starting to do something similar on the driver's seat. Did really pay attention to the seat back. Will check next time I'm in the car.

At this point I am going to see if it gets much worse. I'm really not sure what the dealer would do at this point. Looks to me like ford might have an issue on their hands that they will need to address somehow. Once/if that happens, then I'll probably look at bringing in. Unless of course, in the meantime things get significantly worse.

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 3 pictures don't look all that bad (yet of course). It depends 500 miles later if they look the same or worse.

Obviously brand new no one has sat in it much and the leather stretched a little, and the padding gets compressed a bit under.

Personally those few little waves seem natural for a new leather seat. If it gets worse it could become a problem, but not being taught doesn't mean there is a defect either

Runamuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm having the same 'loose' issue with my base GT cloth seats. The dealer stated that Ford wants them to uninstall and re-install the seat covers to see if it resolves the issue.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Out of curiosity, do we know exactly which parts of the seats are leather and which parts are vinyl/"pleather"? Are just the perforated areas leather and the rest vinyl? Buying leather seats doesn't seem to get you much leather anymore, just acres of vinyl.
Yes, that. Just the center of the seats, not the bolsters.
Sponsored