Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium 6R80
Seen some for sale on CJ pony parts

395$ for the pair

How much better are these over the stock GT half shafts

Will they hold up on a drag strip
Doing some heavy Launches at 6k

Or is the DSS half shaft or FRPP Stil the way to go?
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Nobody really knows, yet, but they don't look as beefy as the DSS 800hp halfshafts. And heavy launches at 6,000rpm's? I would personally think the DSS's or FRPP's would be the better choice.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I want to know how the fuuuuuuuuuu you are able to hook with a 6K launch. I mean I'm not using drag radials but out of the three tires I've been on a strip with, anything over 2,500 and I spin. I'm just not cutout for drag racing, I guess... :(

Anyway, I think BMR is part of testing for some stronger but not ridiculously expensive options coming available soon. Might want to ask them about those and get referred to that company vs. buying something that may not offer what you're hoping to achieve. I can't remember who it is that's making them, sorry.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I want to know how the fuuuuuuuuuu you are able to hook with a 6K launch. I mean I'm not using drag radials but out of the three tires I've been on a strip with, anything over 2,500 and I spin. I'm just not cutout for drag racing, I guess... :(

Anyway, I think BMR is part of testing for some stronger but not ridiculously expensive options coming available soon. Might want to ask them about those and get referred to that company vs. buying something that may not offer what you're hoping to achieve. I can't remember who it is that's making them, sorry.
I believe G Force is doing something like that. Coming out with lower priced halfshafts.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I read they all mention bigger than the left side GT shaft, but what about the right side? I'd only want to replace the stock shafts if both sides got bigger

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Since the gt-350 isnt a drag car i dont expect them to be any stronger then the stock gt half shafts.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
i'm waiting to see what the new 2019 GT500 has for half shafts and if they will fit the 2018 GT's
Sponsored