Sponsored

Mustang GT v. my new Focus RS

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Went to buy a 2018 GT with PP. Then my petite wife (5'3" sat in the back). Her head was less than an inch from the rear window glass and that kind of freaked her out. Why not sit up front? - because my string bean 13 year old boy may have to ride with us some time and he is taller than her. I was kind of surprised - there is more headroom in the back of my 2011 GT. So the 2018 Mustang was not looked upon favorably.

So I took a lap around the parking lot and saw a 2018 Nitrous Blue RS. The dealer was asking 15K over sticker plus $500 for "Protection Plus" and Door Edge Guards:lol:

So I said $500 under invoice and I'm not paying for your add-ons. After a little pushing, I stood firm and now this is in my garage:

[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]
[/url][/IMG]

It's not the torque monster that the Mustang GT is, but it has four doors so it works for the family. It handles great, great stereo, love the Recaros, and 350hp and tq aint too shabby for a hot hatch. And that's coming from a guy who has had nothing but V8s since 1990.

And I'm still in this family::ford: And more Specifically Ford Performance:headbang:

Big Change from an LSX454 Vette:
[/url][/IMG]

But when I'm stuck on the I-15 in stop and go traffic, the RS will do just fine.

FYI - the performance package GT with the 6 speed is a great car - I test drove it - i'm jealous of you 18 GT Owners - but the back seat is for small kids or dwarfs
Sponsored

Last edited:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Congrats! The only good thing about the back seats in the Mustang is that you can take them out :lol:

OP
OP

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Congrats! The only good thing about the back seats in the Mustang is that you can take them out :lol:
Thanks - I guess I couldv'e Strapped my insolent teenager in the trunk:lol:

When's he's off to college I'll revisit the Mustang - but he loves the RS

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Awesome car, loved mine.

I didn't see you mention it, but please look into the recall that's out on them for the head gasket. It is not actually that some got the wrong gasket, it's the design of the initial gasket. All built prior to a certain date are affected. The date unfortunately has not been revealed.

EDIT: All 2018MY's should be good.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Congratulations! If you decide to put a tune on it, contact LMS. You give a new pp mustang a run for its money. The add'l torque hp left on the computer by Ford is amazing.
Probably beat it. $600 for an additional 70 AWTQ and 55 AWHP. Just a tune. It totally changed my SHO.

No power lost out of the hole either.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Oh, note the launch control on the website, too.

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
Congrats> Beautiful Ride.

Sponsored

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
RS sounds great. Most Mustang buyers have no intention of putting an adult in back seat.

OP
OP

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Congratulations! If you decide to put a tune on it, contact LMS. You give a new pp mustang a run for its money. The add'l torque hp left on the computer by Ford is amazing.
Probably beat it. $600 for an additional 70 AWTQ and 55 AWHP. Just a tune. It totally changed my SHO.

No power lost out of the hole either.
Wow - that's incredible.

I love it - the car has 37 miles on it and I'm thinking about mods:D

OP
OP

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Was wondering what the RS's were going for these days. Thought about grabbing an RS for a DD. Congrats!
Its going to be my DD. A little raucous for a DD, but a whole lot of fun.

Sync 3, 8 inch screen, and a great stereo make it very cool.

Go test drive one.
Sponsored