Sponsored

LMR SVE 3.7 axle back exhaust

DELZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Anyone have any experience with the SVE exhaust?
It is $299 at LMR and even with shipping and conversion to Canadian funny money it is still relatively inexpensive.
Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Anyone have any experience with the SVE exhaust?
It is $299 at LMR and even with shipping and conversion to Canadian funny money it is still relatively inexpensive.
I almost bought SVE axlebacks until I stumbled across a set of home-brew unbranded Magnaflow competition axlebacks on Ebay for cheaper. A few 5.0 guys run them and state the build quality is amazing for the price. I'd say go for it.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I almost bought SVE axlebacks until I stumbled across a set of home-brew unbranded Magnaflow competition axlebacks on Ebay for cheaper. A few 5.0 guys run them and state the build quality is amazing for the price. I'd say go for it.
Got a link to what you bought and any sound clips?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Got a link to what you bought and any sound clips?
Unfortunately it was something that was custom made at an exhaust shop that was cut off a GT and sold as a "custom axle back" so it isn't a bolt-on aftermarket axle back that is readily available. However if you wish to replicate my setup you can get any custom exhaust shop to make you an axle-back using these: http://performance-curve.com/xlerator2offsetcenter-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.aspx

AP Walker owns Magnaflow and this is literally a Magnaflow competition without the branding or chrome. It is not as "pretty" but it is still the same stainless steel design. You can find the pictures of them installed on my build thread here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54337&page=3 I have no sound clips but look up "2015+ V6 Magnaflow competition" sound-clips and that is how they will sound for the most part. I am running a GT exhaust w/ Heartthrob X-pipe & shorties as well but sound is still close to that video.

[ame]

OP
OP

DELZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Bang for your buck the system is hard to beat.
I'm still kind of on the fence... BUT
I have to give LMR some love, I called asking if they had a sound clip of the exhaust yesterday. Unfortunately they didn't have one but said they should. They took my information and shortly after a manager sent me a message saying that they were doing the exhaust on a 3.7 asap and they would contact me when it was ready. Really?! Who does that these days? I've shipped their products north of the border before and will continue to do so. Solid company...

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bang for your buck the system is hard to beat.
I'm still kind of on the fence... BUT
I have to give LMR some love, I called asking if they had a sound clip of the exhaust yesterday. Unfortunately they didn't have one but said they should. They took my information and shortly after a manager sent me a message saying that they were doing the exhaust on a 3.7 asap and they would contact me when it was ready. Really?! Who does that these days? I've shipped their products north of the border before and will continue to do so. Solid company...
Good customer service for sure. While I know the 5.0 is a completely different animal you can listen to their SVE sound clips. You will see that the SVE sounds very premium for the money with minimal drone. The tips look really well too.

saferguson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Auto, Oxford White
I just found a video of a cold start. No revs or anything but from the video it sounds pretty good. I might have to get one myself because it's over $100 cheaper than other axle backs that I've seen.
Edit: I hadn't looked on this guys channel to see if he had any other videos of the exhaust but I decided to right now and found a video with him revving the engine. I think it sounds very nice.
[ame]
[ame]

Last edited:

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Unless they're outlaws, which is basically a muffler delete, I think most of the axle backs on the market are great. At that price, I'd already have bought it if I were you haha
Sponsored