Sponsored

Ecoboost Manual Shift Tips

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
FYI - Turbo lag is really a thing of the past. Modern turbos have a lot less mass than when turbo technology first became popular many years ago.

Most people complaining about turbo lag these days are really experiencing transmission lag (ie - dual clutch fumbles).
Or just lazy throttle response. The turbo in my mother's Audi Q5 starts spooling around 2500 rpm but the throttle response is so lazy in normal mode it feels like there is a lag.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
And I can attest to how nice Magneride is. So glad I got it. In stock form the car just needs a better intercooler to be a great and consistant performer.

I have not noticed the bouncy shifts while driving. Idk if it's a gt thing or not but this thing is smooth as butter. Only thing I can say is iffy is being in sport/sport + at low speed. I would recommend only using those modes above 20mph. If your in normal then nothing to be concerned about.

I plan on testing 0-60 more toward the end of the year. It's just way too hot right now for me to get accurate numbers. However short shifting at 5500 rpm seems to feel a little quicker vs taking it to redline, though that's just my butt dyno.

There is no need to rev-out the 2.3 EB...

Because the toque curve is so flat, grabbing the next gear is all about where you want the HP curve on the next shift (for what you are doing).

If not racing, try short-shifting and busting threw gear around town shifting at 4,800..

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Or just lazy throttle response. The turbo in my mother's Audi Q5 starts spooling around 2500 rpm but the throttle response is so lazy in normal mode it feels like there is a lag.
And that makers are using smaller turbos to prevent lag. The turbos on my Infiniti are TINY.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Assuming its a 2.0T the turbos are quite responsive with boost building nearly instantly. The issue with the 4 cylinder Q5s is that they are turds.

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Clutch in, move lever, clutch out, loud pedal.
Sponsored