Sponsored

S550 Coilovers

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Thanks for the reply, but I was just wondering if there is a discernable difference in the ride quality between the coil overs and just having lowering springs.
Lowering springs WITH upgraded dampers perform excellent and are much cheaper and less complicated (largely by way of having less adjustment). Steeda Fixed Pro-Action Shocks and your lowering spring of choice - countless happy people. Of course you can do coilovers with chassis- and application-tested valving and have an even better ride and handling. The cost difference for that starts to get spooky high. My Adjustable Pro-Actions and Dual Rates are awesome
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Lowering springs WITH upgraded dampers perform excellent and are much cheaper and less complicated (largely by way of having less adjustment). Steeda Fixed Pro-Action Shocks and your lowering spring of choice - countless happy people. Of course you can do coilovers with chassis- and application-tested valving and have an even better ride and handling. The cost difference for that starts to get spooky high. My Adjustable Pro-Actions and Dual Rates are awesome
For ref this is price, not including install:
Pedders XA coilovers - ÂŁ900
Steeda shocks - ÂŁ999
Ford racing shock/strut - ÂŁ900
Steeda Lowering Springs - ÂŁ300-400 (depending on which you go for)

Maybe UK market is different to the US, but really a strut/spring combo is gonna set you back more than a set of coilovers ;)!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Yes, indeed. Coilovers can be a great value! You're paying a lot more for Steeda and Ford Racing parts than we are here in the US of A. Must be because we don't have a (show) monarchy to pay taxes for. Instead we have an orange, senile man. And, believe it or not, he comes at a cheaper price. ;)

Also, worth noting, the same company over in Taiwan that makes BC coilovers makes Pedders coilovers (the shock bodies, not springs) - hopefully with superior quality than the typical BC product.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, indeed. Coilovers can be a great value! You're paying a lot more for Steeda and Ford Racing parts than we are here in the US of A. Must be because we don't have a (show) monarchy to pay taxes for. Instead we have an orange, senile man. And, believe it or not, he comes at a cheaper price. ;)
Well there is that i guess... Mind you pedders come from AUS, and KW v1's you can get under a grand, so still comes up cheaper than the combo ;)!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
KW in the US are expensive - almost into Motorsports Suspension-level pricing. As long as you aren't running a true coilover in the rear, which I think isn't particularly smart given the design of the pickup points in the IRS, I'm all for quality coilovers! If Steeda or even Pedders had options when I did my suspension, I might have them already.

Sponsored

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Come and drive our demo car with Pedders coil overs on. It'll demonstrate how a decent coil over set-up significantly improves body control and precision. A difficult thing to describe - it's something you need to feel.
Its a bit of a trip for me but I think I am going to have to come and pay you a visit.

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Just wondering guys, did the bushes I had made all get fitted and work for everyone?

Langburger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
Yes thank you Nige
All good here :clap2:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Just wondering guys, did the bushes I had made all get fitted and work for everyone?
mine are still on the side along with the steeda top mounts and the rear dampers and a few other parts will be joining them soon. I just haven't had time to do any work on the car so i'm just stockpiling parts for when I do (hopefully before I move to the states)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, been on for a few K now, they're working fine, fitted fine. Alas, didn't solve the clunk but hey-ho!

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I have a Pedders kit on the way, I'm in the US and wonder if the kit for using steeda top mounts are available to us?

Has pedders improved the top mount?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Pedders kit on the way, I'm in the US and wonder if the kit for using steeda top mounts are available to us?

Has pedders improved the top mount?
Steeda top mounts don't fit; you need a specific adapter kit which GlousNige made for a few of us here.

Pedders can't improve the top mount because, they don't make a top mount lol.

Cabrerag27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang Gt
Vehicle Showcase
Hello
I am currently running the P/N # VSGC0-C1AS1 Flex Z without the EDFC and I love them for the street/ Track. Very nice in the recommended damper force setting 5 in front and 6 In the rear I go to 3 and 4 on the track and In the canyons. No issues or problems with them or running out on damping force. I have already called TEIN and the can revalve these stiffer if I need to, or go up in KG in the spring. They can go up 2 kg without changing the valving with is really nice. So a lot of options and custom ability. They also don’t kill the wallet they feel awesome on the track and street.
Sponsored