Sponsored

John Cena Vs. Ford

MAVERICKFORD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0
He said he had to pay some bills off, obviously he does not understand contracts. States can not sell car for at least 2 years.

John Cena is on Ford's $#&% list for allegedly flipping his new $500k '17 Ford GT -- violating a contract with the company -- and they're takin' him to court.

1130-john-cena-ford-logo-tmz-4.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/30/john-cena-sued-lawsuit-ford-gt/
Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Good, screw him. It was clear as day you can't sell the car for 2 years, I am sure he was told this several times before buying. He got that car so he could show it off on his girlfriends youtube channel and pretend to be an auto journalist.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I am typically anti-sue people. But a contract is a contract. Hopefully this is an easy win for Ford.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Ford isn't pissed about the money. They are pissed that they are losing free promotion / marketing from John Cena. I have never watched wrestling - regardless, Cena has done more for make a wish and other charities than damn near any other celebrity. Seriously - if he's a douchebag, he hides is VERY Well.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...-cena-grant-milestone-500th-make-wish-request

And that was 2 years ago.

[ame]

A former co-worker, his kid was best friends with a kid diagnosed with cancer. Cena did the make a wish thing for the kid - co-worker said Cena was one of the genuinely nicest people he's ever met.

Reactions: A7X

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford isn't pissed about the money. They are pissed that they are losing free promotion / marketing from John Cena.
The lawsuit is a chance for more promotion of Ford. And since he obviously violated the terms of an agreement with Ford, he deserves to be sued over it.

Cena may be a terrific guy; I am not making any statements about that. I don't know him at all. By his own admission he did break the contract though.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The lawsuit is a chance for more promotion of Ford. And since he obviously violated the terms of an agreement with Ford, he deserves to be sued over it.

Cena may be a terrific guy; I am not making any statements about that. I don't know him at all. By his own admission he did break the contract though.
Oh yeah, if he broke a legal contract, then he should pay the price. I just think Ford might be overstepping here. I wonder if the promotion from the media coverage of the trial will counteract the people likely to be pissed about them going after Cena - not arguing that he should pay the price for breaking the contract at all.

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Ford doesn't have a choice.

1. He broke a very well known contract when he was "selected" to buy a special/very limited car. This isn't some ole car you just roll up to a dealership and plop down your money.

2. They have to sue to show everyone else that was "selected" to buy a GT they weren't kidding about the contract.

You'd be pissed if you bought one and found out people were flipping them right away. Exclusivity is one of reasons this car is in demand. Lot's of rich people that can afford to buy it but cannot.