Sponsored

Lund 91-93 Tune results

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Hi Guys,
had my car dyno'd after a year of ownership. Have installed supporting mods then decided to go with LUND tuning as i am in Australia and support aftermarket isn't that great. I wanted to make sure there is very low chance of ecobooming.
I'm feeling a bit of a deadspot when WOT around 3200 rpms then comes alive again. The dyno chart shows the same. Has anyone here experience this and resolved it. I have emailed the guys at Lund and they will look at the tune but want the $50 fee to do a revision. Which i am cool with, if it is tune related. I am hesitant giving $$ over for a revision then find it is something else.
The Dyno operator said that it looked like the tune is torque limiting.
Mods are Wagner Evo1, NGK cold plugs (gapped), DV+, catch can, mishimoto cat back.
Inked2.jpg
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
It looks like a tune issue to me. It very well could be overshooting the torque targets and the PCM could be taking measures to get it back in line.

OP
OP

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Those were my thoughts. Does the PCM usually try to keep it below 500 Nm? (370 ft/lb). If thats the case ill pay the $50 and get a revision... Although i do think that should be rectified free of charge because that should not be doing this on a revised tune.
Would they look at retarding the car around that point more or will they just raise the roof to enable it to climb a bit higher?
Appreciate the input :)

EcoBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium, PP, 50th, RR
Vehicle Showcase
Email tunes are tough - Live dyno tuning would have fixed this on the spot - but I didn't see any mention of the fuel used.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
They can raise the limits on the torque targets. Most tuners set the target right around 400 lb. ft. (~540 Nm) for stock block applications. I agree that they should fix it for free since it's a tuning issue. It's different than it would be if you added a larger turbo or something.
Sponsored