Sponsored

Yes, another R lead. 5K over leadfoot grey

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Is this car a base model, no radio? These are starting to get closer to MSRP which Imtwilling to budge a little on. I just built a custom home and still need to pave the driveway which is about 250’ so how do the tires handle a slow roll on gravel? The concrete guy recommended waiting a year to do my drive so the lime can set and ground heaving stop. Would really like to get back in the saddle LOL.
This is an Electronics Package car as the 2018 base model cars are now not being built as of April 30th.

If you want to purchase a new 2018 base R it will be somewhat difficult as would suggest that less than 30 base R's built for the 2018MY but could be wrong on that total production number.
Sponsored

Wichard20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In search of a R
Thanks for posting these Tomster, I am holding out for an Orange. Was disappointed early on you could only get the orange on a non-R for the first model year (think thats accurate), with it available now on an R its my calling ;)

Jimgolf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Porsche 911E Targa
^^^ hmm, I wonder why they won't budge off 5k? Imagine that....
hmmm, wonder why no one has been willing to pay the $5k ADM in over a month? New R, electronics, LB, great color...imagine that

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
hmmm, wonder why no one has been willing to pay the $5k ADM in over a month? New R, electronics, LB, great color...imagine that
Yes it is still a new car but probably has close to 100 miles on it and most importantly has been sitting for the better part of 1 1/2 years.

Since this car has been sitting around for quite some maybe that has time has something to do with it not selling.

My 2017 R was built pretty much 2 years ago as the 2017MY got a very early start along with a very late build and ended up with a ~16 month build period.

;);)

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I guess they are tired of tire kickers like you offering sub value deals with annoying persistence. If you want it, I think you will have to up the ante.

Sponsored

Jimgolf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Porsche 911E Targa
My local dealer had a LFG R sitting in their showroom for 4+ months with no takers, they finally sold it a few weeks ago. My salesman was so pissed that they wouldn't order LB because he knows I would have broke down and bought it. :)
I guess they are tired of tire kickers like you offering sub value deals with annoying persistence. If you want it, I think you will have to up the ante.
I'm not trying to be a jerk although I do resent your comment about me being a tire kicker, so to avoid that I think I'll try to keep my market comments to myself from now on. You are probably right that the $5k ADM is the current market value. I just personally don't want to pay it so I will wait until I find a new one at MSRP or a used one below MSRP. I have seen several used sell for around $65-$70k with electronics and I know multiple people who got their R at MSRP. If I don't then I'm fine with the cars I have now.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I'm not trying to be a jerk although I do resent your comment about me being a tire kicker, so to avoid that I think I'll try to keep my market comments to myself from now on. You are probably right that the $5k ADM is the current market value. I just personally don't want to pay it so I will wait until I find a new one at MSRP or a used one below MSRP. I have seen several used sell for around $65-$70k with electronics and I know multiple people who got their R at MSRP. If I don't then I'm fine with the cars I have now.
way to take the high road. nicely done.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's all great, but it was a lead and being passed along and really not open to discussion or crappy comments or distractions. Your post suggested another car derailing my post and suggested that a better color didn't even make the 5k mark.

Maybe I'm getting old and crusty, but I don't appreciate people chiming in on a subject matter that was meant to benefit the membership here, but instead winds up being a bunch of pop shots by a bunch of cheap skates chomping at the bit for an R at MSRP.

I really don't know your intentions, but I wouldn't call it the high road.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I try but often fail Harry. The story behind it was that a member was interested. I reached out to the dealership and they were finalizing the deal right then. I'll find out later what it sold for later if anyone is interested.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I try but often fail Harry. The story behind it was that a member was interested. I reached out to the dealership and they were finalizing the deal right then. I'll find out later what it sold for later if anyone is interested.

Yes, know the feeling but at the end of the day your intentions are always honorable and failing under those circumstances is certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Nice work!!

Subject to further communication I may be posting another similar R for sale either tonight or tomorrow.

:cheers:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
It always amazes me when someone puts the efforts forward to help others get closer to an MSRP deal and then get lambasted for being helpful.

Good on you [MENTION=21800]Tomster[/MENTION]... I’m not ashamed to say that I have kicked tires. Thanks to [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION], my R tire-kicking days were over. I’ll always be grateful to the likes of you guys for helping me out.
Sponsored