Vehicle(s)
15 v6 magnetic mt 3.55

Last edited:

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Not sure but hopefully not because it was aluminum. Best of luck.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
I have the spec stage 2 with aluminum fly and it's a great clutch but be prepared for increase in NVH especially under 2k rpm. If I had to do it again I'd get a stage 3 instead, not a big fan of a Kevlar clutch when it's under 35 degrees outside, takes awhile to get it warmed up. Once it's warmed up though it grabs harddd

OP
OP
Etienne

Etienne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 magnetic mt 3.55

Last edited:

Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Have you ever had a lightweight flywheel? There can be some rattle at low RPM/idle. They also tend to chatter when you engage them. I personally don't feel they belong on street cars. I have the RAM billet steel flywheel and Ram HDX clutch and the flywheel is a little lighter than stock and I do get a little rattle at low RPM/idle and chatter.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
Sound and feel is subjective so ill try to convey what I feel/hear... Windows up music off you will hear it but it's not going to be as prominent as let's say a GT3 car lol. Windows up music a lightly on you might hear it once in awhile. Windows down music on or off you won't hear a thing. You will always feel increase vibration which doesn't really bother me and as DR_ mentioned there is some rattle at lower rpm but for me let's say your in 4th gear going 34mph and your crushing and you don't wanna downshift and want to accelerate to 40mph being under 2k rpm you will hear rattle or want I call the desiel truck soundtrack as from my uneducated understanding is because there's not enough torque down low(would love someone to clarify that for me with more knowledge) but everything I listed is really the only down side besides it doesn't like cold weather but is fine after about 10 - 15 mins in cold.

The plus side is it can handle whatever you throw at it as long as your not stupid. You'll probably snap an axle before you break the clutch. Oh did I mention is grabs hard as a mother fucker?

All in all if your not someone the wants their car as quiet as a mouse and as smooth as a newborns butt, you'll enjoy an aftermarket clutch. I don't know if he stage 3 might be quiter since its a different material but I doubt it, but dont go stage 1. I think I'm the only v6 owner with a spec clutch but a couple people have RAMs and havnt heard anything bad about them only positive. Hope my rambling has helped..

OP
OP
Etienne

Etienne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 magnetic mt 3.55

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
SPEC makes a steel flywheel for the V6 as well. Also consider this - all SPEC flywheels for the 3.7 are drilled to accept V6 pattern clutches and GT clutches. You can also use the OEM GT flywheel (About $150 new) and any aftermarket GT clutch. Only think you need to add is a .75" spacer behind the throwout bearing (RAM sells it for @ $90). In fact when you order a RAM setup for the V6 that includes the T/O bearing, their bearing includes this extra length.
Sponsored