Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
The OP needs to add a poll asking something like:

1. I've had my A/C Evaporator Repaired/Replaced
  2. I'm having issues just with my A/C
  3. I'm have general HVAC issues
etc.

There are 26,901 members on this forum (and not wanting to go through this thread's 873 posts) I'd like to get a rough idea as to what percentage of members are actually experiencing/reporting HVAC issues.
Sponsored

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Interesting! Is yours a premium or base?
Mine is a premium. And any time I couldn't park in a garage, I had the windows cracked and sun shield up.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

etc.

There are 26,901 members on this forum (and not wanting to go through this thread's 873 posts) I'd like to get a rough idea as to what percentage of members are actually experiencing/reporting HVAC issues.
There is another sticky in the Issues subforum with a poll. But I'll do my best to compile a list if I have the time this week.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Considering they now are on their 3rd part number, my guess is there is an issue with how these are mounted and/or vibration issues.
I wonder if the same people who have a/c failures are having the dreaded driveline vibration? Maybe the two are related with the common element being vibration?

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Took my car to dealer this morning. Called me in the afternoon telling me that the pressure of the gas its ok it hasnt loss any freon. They are looking what else could it be they just dont no for now ill keep you guys updated.

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
UPDATE:
Got the car back from the dealer they told me the blend door that goes on the evaporator core was stucked they fixed it and said that if it gets stucked again they will change it but that implies changing the the whole evaporator and it had no leaks.
The a/c is running fine. Will see how long it last.

Last edited:

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
flap? is that the blend door? or is it something else new i don't know about that i'm worried could go bad on mine... argh.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
I'm taking my 2016 GT350 with 10,000 miles to the dealer for a FOURTH a/c failure.

The original evap core leaked in 6 months from new (that's ONE) and the evap has been replaced twice (that's TWO and THREE) in the last year and now it's blowing hot air AGAIN (which if history proves right it would be the FOURTH defective evap assembly).The last evap assembly part was W and that remains the last part for this car.

I'm fed up with Ford.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
So my evaporator goes at 21k kms
Get it replaced and 500m from dealership on my way back to work I get a turbo like noise from under the hood when accelerating.
Now the compressor has to be replaced and booked in for next week!!!
At least the dash doesn't have to come out again
Happy Days !!!

Sponsored

S550IngotGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 6 Speed 3.55s Red Leather
Wow!

I'm taking my 2016 GT350 with 10,000 miles to the dealer for a FOURTH a/c failure.

The original evap core leaked in 6 months from new (that's ONE) and the evap has been replaced twice (that's TWO and THREE) in the last year and now it's blowing hot air AGAIN (which if history proves right it would be the FOURTH defective evap assembly).The last evap assembly part was W and that remains the last part for this car.

I'm fed up with Ford.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Holy shit. Extended warranty it is then.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

I'm fed up with Ford.
I'm sorry you had to be the first guinea pig to find out the latest revision still doesn't fix the problem. On the bright side, there's almost zero chance any other car you get will have this many A/C problems, right?

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver

etc.

We need a pole for the percentage of failure rate and whether premium or base because i believe the base and premium have different evaps if im not mistaken, also it seems to me alot of the failures are the premium but it would be nice to have a pole.

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
We need a pole for the percentage of failure rate and whether premium or base because i believe the base and premium have different evaps if im not mistaken, also it seems to me alot of the failures are the premium but it would be nice to have a pole.
I had 3 failures in my 16 GT PP base before i sold it
Sponsored