Finally drove the S550 GT

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
All I can say is WOW!!!!
I was going to postpone my purchase because I am going back to school to get an MBA, but after driving it, I will take the plunge. At first i was nervous because I haven't driven a manual since my last test drive of the S197. I cannot explain why I drove the S550 much better than the S197. The clutch is so soft and the lever is the right size that I didn't have trouble doing butter smooth gear changing. With the S197, I had a lot of jerking and I turned it off once. With the S550 is like I knew how to drive manual forever. The handling also much improved over the last generation. Much less bumpy and more confident on curbs. I can only imagine how the PP drives. The only one they had available for test drive was the base GT, and you know what? If it wasn't for the toggle switches, I might have gone with the base GT. I think the leather steering wheel made the base car feel less cheap than I thought it would be. The engine power is more or less the same as the '14. The exterior obviously is a home run. My only indecision? Color. They didn't have race red at the moment. I drove the Magnetic which is my other option with red leather, but in all honesty, it looks kind of dull. I'll probably go for the race red. All in alll, I'm super happy that I'm no longer afraid of the manual transmission, actually, I loved it!!
Greetings!
Sponsored

Last edited:

KCTom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT P.P.
Grab an airline ticket to Kansas City and you can blast thru the gears of my Race Red GT P.P.:D

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Grab an airline ticket to Kansas City and you can blast thru the gears of my Race Red GT P.P.:D
Wow, that's a really nice thing you would do! Umm, if the offer is available, may I be next? :D I can't wait for my car any longer...and lurking around the forums doesn't help!!!!

Macfarland, you made the right choice! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Local dealer has had a RR GT sitting on the floor for a couple of months now.....

KCTom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT P.P.
Race red is such a hard color to find it seems, but man I love that color.[/QUOTE

Every time I walk into the garage and see it sitting there my jaw just drops. That Race Red just floors me!

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Congrats, but I hope you're not abandoning your goals of advancing your education. How else are you going to afford that GT350 down the line??:ford::headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't travel to west division rival cities! Ha!! If I had the time, I'd take your offer!! :cheers:

OP
OP

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats, but I hope you're not abandoning your goals of advancing your education. How else are you going to afford that GT350 down the line??:ford::headbang:
No worries man. I am still going to business school. Actually starting Jan 13 I commence a prep course for the infamous GMAT. Also, My sister is taking over my daily driver as she needs a car and that'll free up a nice chunk of money towards the Stang. Other than that, I don't have too many obligations. Remember we Mexicans live with our parents until marriage. I pay a 1/3 of utilities and the house is all paid off, so I can manage the payments very comfortably. :amen: Ha! As for the GT350, well, when the time comes, I'll see what else is on the market for that price range. Used 911 perhaps??

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
No worries man. I am still going to business school. Actually starting Jan 13 I commence a prep course for the infamous GMAT. Also, My sister is taking over my daily driver as she needs a car and that'll free up a nice chunk of money towards the Stang. Other than that, I don't have too many obligations. Remember we Mexicans live with our parents until marriage. I pay a 1/3 of utilities and the house is all paid off, so I can manage the payments very comfortably. :amen: Ha! As for the GT350, well, when the time comes, I'll see what else is on the market for that price range. Used 911 perhaps??
Well in that case, enjoy!:cheers:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I also just started my MBA as well, 27 hours left haha, but screw it I need my GT! Actually my workplace pays for over half of the tuition costs so I am going put the money to good use.
Sponsored