Sponsored

Aftermarket Stereo Install/Dash Kit for the S550 (soon)

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Too much work? You literally splice the wires from this kit into whatever aftermarket headunit you have, plug it all in and bolt it in. That would literally be the only difference between this and the AM unit. To get AA you have to either go this route with an AA capable HU or a full sync 3 swap.
OK, Its not something i know how to do, its not something i feel comfortable doing, its not something ive tried doing, so yea TO ME its too much work and not worth it considering i only listen to talk radio and sports talk. Im not a huge music lover sooooo
Sponsored

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
So after reading on this thread that American Muscle had a kit for those of us with the base unit, I go and check and sure enough, there is one. Almost two years ago I bought Alpine components and planned to install those but they're still in the box in my closet. To get the best sound, I'd still need an aftermarket HU and faceplate/AC unit from Scosche or...? Is the AM kit even worth it? Not that it matters anymore as I may end up selling my car soon. Bleh.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The AM is the raxiom? Didn't think they still sold it. It's basically the tomtop right?

Sponsored

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I just got the Scosche dash kit installed last night and it's pretty awesome. My only issue right now is getting the rear defroster to work. I assumed it was the button on the right screen but that just puts the heat to max.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it an install problem?

Cfekw3j.jpg

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I never got mine to work even when the rest of the kit was good . I was also one of the people who had 4 failed modules, and I have since changed out to the Metra kit. I hope you have better luck than I did.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I actually just figured it out. Had to enable the installer options in the menu but was able to get the button. Haven't tested it yet.

Airforcechris00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
christophe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Gt with Performance Package level 1
Vehicle Showcase
scosche gen2

So reading through this the gen 2 scosche kit with the two screens is working, and someone figured out the defroster button?

Or is the consensus the metra unit is overall more reliable?

I'm having trouble finding the scosche kit, I preferred the buttoned look, but it appears they are phasing that one out.

Sponsored

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
The scosche looked better, which is why I went with it first, but the never ending failures made me end up with metra. I have had no problems with the kit, and I dressed it up with a carbon vinyl wrap. I would keep an eye out for the new metra kits if you haven't done this already. They showed them off at the last CES I think.
28309288_10215279918774164_1191926952_o.jpg

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So reading through this the gen 2 scosche kit with the two screens is working, and someone figured out the defroster button?

Or is the consensus the metra unit is overall more reliable?

I'm having trouble finding the scosche kit, I preferred the buttoned look, but it appears they are phasing that one out.
I've had no issues yet with this. The defroster button was easily fixed by accessing the installer menu and enabling it.

I'm completely happy with it.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
As far as i can see on metraonline.com there are new kits, but not for the Mustang.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Yep Camera works on the main Screen and Sensors work on the lower right screen.
Could you post a picture of the screen while in reverse? Just curious to see what the sensors and backup coombination looks like.
Sponsored