Sponsored

Any motorcycle rider here? I need advice. First time rider and buyer

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Well spoken and great advice
Thank you. I think of it a lot like flying an airplane - it requires 100% of your attention because the likelihood that a mistake will kill you is exponentially higher.

But I still love doing it. My canyon racing days are behind me, but I love spending a day seeing if I can completely avoid riding on the interstate.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
LOL also a good analogy as I fly for a living. I definitely enjoy canyon carving over flat out speed any day. Hitting tight turns at 30-45 is more enjoyable than 140 on a straight away.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I've been riding for over 45 years. My Dad is 80 and still rides. Key to survival is to not ride above your ability or the road, keep the speed down, assume every body & every animal is out to get you and always wear your gear.

I'm a year round rider except when there's ice/snow, 1st rain after a dry spell, or when the leafs start falling.

I bought a 250 Rebel (3rd bike from left) to use as a training bike for my wife, sons and several of their friend then sold it 2 years later for what I paid and I was the 3rd owner. Great learning bike. A Ninja 650 is also a great learning bike. it's a sport bike but you sit upright (orange bike in pic} I only paid $1000 for the 1993 Vulcan 750 (2nd bike from the left) and was a good cheap bike but not a good choice until you get some time under your belt.

Not in pic is our 2009 FZ1 & 2014 Star Bolt ( wife's newest bike)

Here's my driveway when all my sons, my wife & I were all riding.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
As said above....all of it and God please wear gloves!!! Good ones! Assuming you will wear a good helmet and everything else accordingly!

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
All good advice. I ride a motorcycle daily for work and I love it. I've ridden and owned quite a few. My favorite has been my supermotos. Passing the crotch rockets in the corners and then pulling away is always entertaining ;) It is 90% riding ability and 10% bike. Take the MSF class, be responsible. Here are a few of my bikes I've owned.

Closed course haha

And a few more I have to find pics for ;)
Sponsored