H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Here's a shot from the track app with my fastest lap from last month at the Oklahoma Sherriffs Track.

Anyone who ever thought about tracking their car should give it a shot. It can't be beat for $20-30.

Always pretty safe, there, too. I spun it last time at 65mph in the first left hander. Full 360°, stayed on the track for most of it and came to a stop parallel to the track about 1ft off. Gave the oil a few seconds to settle, fired it up and off I went.
Screenshot_2015-10-07-09-16-30.jpg

OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1

More parts going on sooooon

Sponsored

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium
Details details

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Love seeing Steeda parts putting in some track time! Would you like us to add some of your photos to the site?

OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Love seeing Steeda parts putting in some track time! Would you like us to add some of your photos to the site?
Feel free to share anything.

And I'll be making a post of the wing install and update soon.

OP
OP
H1 GT

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
I got my GT350R wing installed.

Here is the more detailed thread I said would happen.

So I finally got the GT350R wing and was very happy with the quality and condition of mine. The "points" were in good shape, only one minor, but noticeable, flaw and that was the finish was a little messed up where it sat on the drying racks.

I hit that spot with some 1200 grit sandpaper and cleared it up in a couple seconds. Also there was a little overspray or something on the mounting surface of one side; again, a few seconds of 1200 grit cleaned it right up. So the quality of mine was good, just seems to need finished. I will see if I am going to get it painted and finished or if I will just leave it because it will see plenty of track time...

On to the install (I don't have many pictures, phone with most of them died in the process):

Still have to clean up the holesaw holes and get plugs for them.

I had a friend come over that is somewhat of an expert at this sort of thing so the install went extremely smoothly for what it is. We didn't really use the template at all, my buddy has some other methods that were quite a bit more precise.

Upon tightening the bolts I have a 1/4" hairline crack on the aft side of each corner. Not noticeable until up close inspection, I could not capture a good picture of them yet. No moving or pushing on the wing seems to affect them at all.

Anyways, the pictures everyone wants to see:

The new view:

No decent pictures yet, been crappy outside for days now. This week should get better.

I hope someday I will get the chance to be in a real GT350R to see how its' wing acts in the wind. I've only done some interstate driving at 70mph, and in some gusts there are noticeable vibrations I can see (not a complaint, just an observation). I imagine this happens with all wings, but I've never had a car with a wing on it.

To sum up my overall experience - definitely would buy again; also, I would definitely recommend, but would encourage waiting until [MENTION=17319]Carbon Dynamics[/MENTION] works out the kinks and minor discrepancies both seen here and elsewhere on the forum. Mark me down as a happy customer! :cheers:

xMAUIxxWOWIEx

"Always go full racecar"
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oz
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Wing looks great man! Hope you come to the rally with us this July.... I have an assload of parts waiting for me at home.. I now understand why you were so pissed when your delivery was delayed. I feel like I have been waiting an eternity to get back haha. I just got the in transit notice from MAS...
Sponsored