Sponsored

2015+ GT350 Mustang official power specs: 526 HP / 429 LB-FT!

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Didn't it truly start with ford when the cammer was designed? I know they probably weren't the first to design overhead cam v8 (cadillac I think), but they knew they had something there.

The SOHC engine have been out since 1902 & DOHC has been out since 1912.

Cadillac came out with the 1st flat plane crank engine back in 1914. The 1917 Chevy Series D could be had with a 4.7L V8 with a flat plane crank.
Sponsored

grayforge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnum SRT8, Solstice GXP, '65 Vette
My last track day there were 3 2013/14 Mustang GTs (2 with Roush upgrades). During our 2nd 20 min session all the Mustangs had brake fade to the point they all went off the track. I would love to get a 2015 GTPP on a road course to play with.

The numbers on the 5.2 should make for a fun track car. There are better choices for the street or drags. The big question is still the weight??????
That's an easy fix with race pads and fluid. I'd never go onto a road race track with stock pads unless the car was truly a factory track car. The GT350/R could qualify. :-)

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Does anyone else notice the similarities or is it just me???

:headbang::headbang::ford::ford:

(0:35-0:41 and 1:42-1:49)

[ame]

[ame]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's extremely heart breaking to know that I can't afford one of these :[
Most would say similar about a premium PP GT. I agree, though, so desirable.

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
Dont know why some of you think that 90 HP "isnt enough." If you remember back to 2012, the Boss 302 only had 30 horse power over the GT. it wasnt just faster around corners, it was nearly a whole half of a second faster in the 1/4 mile.

That being said, the GT350 has THREE TIMES the power over the GT than the Boss had over its GT. Also, the GT350, is said to be a good amount lighter than the standard GT. Now if i remember correctly the Boss wasnt much lighter than the comparable GT.

Its not just about horsepower, its about weight and also its suspension package. Just think, this engine is 1.8 Liters smaller than an LS7 and makes 20 more horsepower, thats damn impressive.

Sponsored

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
LOL! How many Mustangers frequent road courses? I've been around Mustangs my entire life and have never known a single one who ever did that once.
Lol! Just because you only hang around car cruises and drag strips doesn't mean Mustangs aren't on road courses AND autocross! Sorry I have to be slightly mean in my comment but you're stright stepping out of line, my friend. I've been to many track days, time trials and autocrosses and seen MANY Mustangs out the. I also see a few Camaros and a Charger or Challenger from time to time.

Many people like to turn left and right in a fast fashion with their pony and muscle cars for 30-120 seconds, not just go in a straight line for 10-13 seconds.

Because you and your group of "buddies" don't expose yourself to other avenues doesn't mean there is a lack of presence...

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I wonder if the exhaust headers and intake manifold will fit the coyote engines.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
We live in a world with TT Lambos and SC Vipers and excess isn't enough. Some people are acting like the GT350 is banned from the drag strip. While that isn't the cars focus, the first owners are gonna have them there within the week. A week later there will be roll racing videos. Within the first few months a tuner is gonna have a nitrous car on bigs and littles. Before the year is over you will see a few SC and turbo cars. Its not like the car is 80K. Its more attainable than the GT500 and should sit in a similar slot as the Boss 302 in terms of modifications.

Will it repsond well to FI? Who knows. The pistons are probably thin and light but good tunes have been keeping stock pistons alive with boost for a few years now. Even with 12:1. I can't see the rods well in the pic, but it takes a heck of a rod to deal with those RPM reliably. I bet they are stronger in tensile and compressive strength than any of the coyote stuff. Engine block???? An even bigger bore than the coyote may not be to boost friendly, but maybe they put some meat in the cylinders. Who knows, Voodoo may like power adders even more than its modular brethren.

Speed is relative, but the GT350 will have great straight line acceleration. Its a neccasary part of being fast around a race track.

Voodoo stock class turning 10K anyone?

Stingray23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 SVT Raptor
We live in a world with TT Lambos and SC Vipers and excess isn't enough. Some people are acting like the GT350 is banned from the drag strip. While that isn't the cars focus, the first owners are gonna have them there within the week. A week later there will be roll racing videos. Within the first few months a tuner is gonna have a nitrous car on bigs and littles. Before the year is over you will see a few SC and turbo cars. Its not like the car is 80K. Its more attainable than the GT500 and should sit in a similar slot as the Boss 302 in terms of modifications.

Will it repsond well to FI? Who knows. The pistons are probably thin and light but good tunes have been keeping stock pistons alive with boost for a few years now. Even with 12:1. I can't see the rods well in the pic, but it takes a heck of a rod to deal with those RPM reliably. I bet they are stronger in tensile and compressive strength than any of the coyote stuff. Engine block???? An even bigger bore than the coyote may not be to boost friendly, but maybe they put some meat in the cylinders. Who knows, Voodoo may like power adders even more than its modular brethren.

Speed is relative, but the GT350 will have great straight line acceleration. Its a neccasary part of being fast around a race track.

Blasphemy. I hope to never see that on this car.

stable68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Crown Victoria LX Sport
To the guys debating on the sound clip of the interior and shift points, to me it seems like the sound is just layed over the video, it sounds to me as if there was an external mic mounted next to the exhaust during a full throttle pull and they just layed it over the video of the driver short shifting 2-3.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

The point is that the guys wanting to do this stuff have more money than sense. Get a GT for all that crap. It's like seeing a 911 GT3 or GT3 RS with those mods. :tsk: :rant:

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Shoulda waited for the GT350 LOL

B17drvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th LE #48
Does anyone else notice the similarities or is it just me???

:headbang::headbang::ford::ford:

(0:35-0:41 and 1:42-1:49)

Yes I did! The first time I watched the video I was like damn! That's the Bullitt sounding exhaust.
Sponsored