Sponsored

EB Mustang Recall - 2/14/2014 - 2/10/15

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
And now you know why many of us wanted a premium V6...so we don't have to deal with the stuff like that comes with Turbos.
1. My car isn't affected by any recall so far (yay for a late build date). Seems like normal first-year teething sh*t. Some folks don't buy the first year of a redesign, regardless of brand, just because of this crap. I almost didn't, but hoped the late build date would help avoid this. Whattya know? Want to lay odds that the 6th gen Camaro will go through the same sh*t?

2. Nothing wrong with turbos on general principle. Owned a turbo-4 Benz and loved it. Never had any trouble with it. And like it or not, turbo-4s are on the way to replacing NA V6s in a lot of cars, not just Fords. CAFE standards are kind of forcing the manufacturers' hands on that. So, get used to it.

3. It's a f*cking minor heat shielding issue. Easy fix anyway. Irritating, yes, but easy. At least it's not a repeat of the exploding Pintos or some sh*t.

4. All that being said, Ford probaby should have let V6 guys buy the premium package anyway. Lots of folks have been asking for it (though I have no idea why). Ford probably should have listened and taken your money.
Sponsored

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
I think some took my earlier sarcastic, faux-trolling comments too seriously. That's my fault, as sarcasm doesn't translate well on forums (at least not without a bunch of emojis).

Anyway, like in my last post, there are legit reasons why people are down on this car... I'm not legitimately one of them... I just understand.

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
This same heat shielding they are being recalled for will be stripped off in 5 or 6 years once people start making race cars out of these, haha.

There's a good chance that a cat delete will eliminate the need for such. All that oil blow by being burned up in the cat = much higher EGTs post cat.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Do yours really not work well?Mine cool my arse really quick they work great.
The bottoms are fine, but my ass doesn't give a shit -- my back wanted a cure for the backsweats, but the seatbacks do nothing.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
This same heat shielding they are being recalled for will be stripped off in 5 or 6 years once people start making race cars out of these, haha.

There's a good chance that a cat delete will eliminate the need for such. All that oil blow by being burned up in the cat = much higher EGTs post cat.
I bet once these things start getting dumped on the used market in large numbers, people will snatch them up for cheap street racers by the boatload.

Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
The bottoms are fine, but my ass doesn't give a shit -- my back wanted a cure for the backsweats, but the seatbacks do nothing.
Your ass doesn't give a shit? That may be the problem, get rid of the blockage it might cure the back sweats. ;)

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Most guys are loosers . Now Don't we feel better about the Mustang .
Sponsored