OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Ive got the same model as you. I currently have Intake, Catless DP, Muffler Delete, Custom Tune from Adam at MAP and a Mishimoto Catch Can. Ill be an IC here within a few weeks. I also just received my springs finally! So those will go on this weekend. Cant wait to see how it changes the suspension feeling. Too floaty for me stock. For gears, Unless this is your weekend car i wouldn't do 3.73s. I myself will go with 3.55s as the 3.15s suck. Lol. These cars deff need an IC though. Temps are just TOO DAMN HIGH! Lol
What are you hitting for 0-60 on the track apps, out of curiosity?
Sponsored

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
See I'm not having traction issues on stock p zero Nero all seasons, I'm actually doing consistent 4.9 sec 0-60mph on the street. But that's mostly thanks to Adams tune at MAP. We've been tweaking things a bit the past few days. All I have is intake and tune as well. And these are street numbers, at a sticky track it should be better. I think you need to play with your tune and maybe your launching. I'll be coming out with drag springs shortly for the guys who that is their concern. Just keep toying with what you got before you drop more money :)
How are you getting such good traction with those shit tires? Lol. I have the same and they just spin and i have 19s. I havent tried a 0-60 in a long time. But I doubt ill get a 4.9... And i have more mods. Lol

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
What are you hitting for 0-60 on the track apps, out of curiosity?
I haven't tried it since Adam sent me a revised tune for my muffler deletes. Probably no where near what your getting. Car just spins... Last time i tried it i was getting a 6.0. Traction issues.

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
Lighter wheels make such a big difference in the car and its acceleration.

Gears is probably the best way to get faster acceleration if you don't mind the gas mileage compromise. but the mustangs are now 6 gears not 5 like it used to be so you can probably go 4.10s

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang

Gears is probably the best way to get faster acceleration if you don't mind the gas mileage compromise. but the mustangs are now 6 gears not 5 like it used to be so you can probably go 4.10s
I thought short gears like 4.10 are a big no no for turbo cars.

Sponsored

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
4.10s are fine for turbo cars, they're NOT fine for a car with basically a 6k rpm rev limit though. With some head work and a bigger turbo, 4.10s would be king. 3.55s are almost perfect for a factory turbo car.

ThaHMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ecoboost

AGREE!

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
4.10s are fine for turbo cars, they're NOT fine for a car with basically a 6k rpm rev limit though. With some head work and a bigger turbo, 4.10s would be king. 3.55s are almost perfect for a factory turbo car.

I think it'll be interesting to see how high we eventually see these motors rev. As with most other 4 cylinder cars I think that'll be the key to competing with V6s and 8s down the road.

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The questions is... would going with 3.55s be worth the expense? I'd love to see a shootout between a base Eco auto (3.15) and a PP Eco auto (3.55) to see what the real world difference really is. If it's big enough, I could do that.

And bigger turbo is pretty much off the budget table for me. In any event, if I wanted to go that far down performance road I'd just trade up to the V8 anyway, and build THAT motor. Bolt-ons + tune is as far as I want to go. And from what people are saying, that puts me within striking distance of a stock V8 for a lot less money. I'd be plenty pleased with that.

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Even with the tune, the power drop off north of 6000 RPM is definitely noticeable. It's BETTER with the tune, but still not good. Short-shifting is the best bet with this car.

In sport mode, the tune changes the automatic's shifting behavior, and it seems to shift at lower RPMs. Nonetheless, my best 0-60 time was still posted using the paddles and tapping the shifter at 5500 RPM. Since there's a tiny delay with the automatic's manual shifts, that means it will actually shift at 5900-6000 at full throttle. So the car definitely doesn't want to roll out to redline.

Not sure what difference that makes with the 4.10 gears -- I don't fully understand that, myself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I don't know if these are automatics or not, but it looks like in this circumstance the 3.15 is faster than the 3.31?

[ame]

EvlZEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
How are you getting such good traction with those shit tires? Lol. I have the same and they just spin and i have 19s. I havent tried a 0-60 in a long time. But I doubt ill get a 4.9... And i have more mods. Lol
Just play around with the launch rpm, and keep the car cool. I keep doing 4.9 consistently. I just put a careless dp on today and haven't had a chance to mess with it.

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
95 gt far from stock 15 ecoboost delivered 2/9/15
4.7 0-60 leaving at almost idel with factory 19" pp tires

EvlZEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I need to try the idle launch like you Jason! I put a dp on and launching at 2k and still 4.9-5.0

Here's a hard launch that yielded 5.1

Sponsored