Sponsored

1-0-0-0

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
1000 big ones.. break-in period over. Going to hit the Malibu canyons FINALLY. wait a long month for it.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I hear ya. I've had my car for 3 weeks friday and i only have 700 miles. I drove a whole 100 miles yesterday LOL!

6g Smoke Show

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
I've had my car for 3 months, and just went over 1000 miles.

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
I dropped the hammer as soon as I pulled off the lot, although my car was in the showroom and already had over 100 miles on it. The main thing that changes as you break in the engine is the amount of friction. That's why your fuel economy and power get better, although you'll see old timers on the internet talking about seating piston rings and such.

Sponsored

Kasabyanj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost
i hit a 1000 today its been almost 2 weeks :headbang:

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
Bit over 4mo, I'm at 5790 or so atm.

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
My cars estimated delivery is about 3 more weeks. Is 1000 miles what it takes to break them in? I've heard 500. The. I've also heard people say new cars these days don't need to be broken in. What do you guys think?

Kasabyanj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost
My cars estimated delivery is about 3 more weeks. Is 1000 miles what it takes to break them in? I've heard 500. The. I've also heard people say new cars these days don't need to be broken in. What do you guys think?
All u need is heavy foot:headbang:

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
beat on mine since about 500 or so. figured the ford guys got 32 miles of abuse and sold it to me "new, from the factory", so it couldn't get any worse. New guidelines for my old M3 euro market motor was to rev through the whole range, just no low RPM, high load situations, so I have done that for every motor since.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I hated waiting till 1,000 miles to drive it hard, but at least with this car there's lots of low end power so you don't feel like you're crawling. Breaking in my BRZ 3 years ago and staying under 4k rpms in that car was painful since all the power was up top.

I've had my EB for a little over 5 months now and already have over 12,000 miles on it. Never sits haha.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Last engine I built saw close to 7k rpm within minutes of firing for the first time. Wth are you guys waiting so long for?
Me personally i always follow the break in period of the manual per manufactures suggestion. To each their own :cheers:

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Me personally i always follow the break in period of the manual per manufactures suggestion. To each their own :cheers:
Same here.

I'm only at 230 miles. I really really really want to open her up. Haven't taken it past about 80-90% throttle up to about 4K rpm. Couldn't help myself that time. Most other driving is shifting before 3K, light to mid throttle. At this rate I'll have the rear subframe bushings installed before I even hit full break in, so I will never experience the full force of wheel hop lol.

**EDIT** Oh wow I'm in the wrong forum lol. Doesn't matter, same type of problem on the GT's as the ECO.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I've had mine 3 months 1 week. I have 4,400 miles. Y'all need to step it up a little.
Sponsored