Sponsored

New pads for Brembos

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So tired of the brake dust! Anyone found a suitable local replacement for the OEM pads but that don’t dust. Bendix say their ceramic pads will do it but looking for first hand confirmation. Otherwise will have to import pads from US. Thanks.
Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Powerstop Z26 pads front and rear. Work well, less dust and well priced. I got mine from Amazon via us.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
As above. I have the Z26 Extreme and very little dust. I have done about 15,000ks with them back and front. There is an Australian Powerstop ceramic pad but not the same company as the US one. They might be just as good I don't know. Amazon for the US and the Aus ones can be ordered through Supercheap.

OP
OP
Bulutt

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes I know the Powerstop Z23 & Z26 but heard they don’t have the same feel and initial bite as OEM, but was wondering if the Bendix would work or others locally. Thanks for the response Though.

Reactions: PKs

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Reach out to Matt at Race Brakes Sydney, he helped me a few months ago picking a set of low dusting pads on my Falcon. In the end, I put Project Mu on the car. Very helpful.

Race Brakes Sydney | Brakes

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yes I know the Powerstop Z23 & Z26 but heard they don’t have the same feel and initial bite as OEM, but was wondering if the Bendix would work or others locally. Thanks for the response Though.
As far as feel and bite I could not tell any difference.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
If you want low dust I believe you need to move to the ceramic pads.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
I'd say you lose just a little bit of initial bite, but nothing that dramatically changes the driving characteristics of the car. If anything, it makes driving in stop-and-go traffic easier. Otherwise, I see no difference, other than my wheels not being covered in brake dust after two days.

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
The initial bite is not the same vs the stock pads. It's a more linear feel with the Powerstop's at lower speeds. Nicer for daily driving. 100+MPH hard stops feel the same as the stock pads to me.

Sponsored

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
I'd also reach out the Disc Brakes Australia. I've been happy with performance, feel and lower dust levels, after updating to T3 discs and pads.

OP
OP
Bulutt

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I ordered the Powerstop Z26 from the states. Plenty of Mustang owners over there seem to like them. Will let you know how they go.