svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
God it's killing me.

Was curious to see if anyone else is holding out for the big daddy?

I know there is not much info out there but this model promises to be the beasts of all beasts IMO.
Sponsored

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think we might be a ways before we hear anything about the GT500...have you thought of maybe buying a GT now, then trading up? A lot of things cross my mind these days, but I just cannot bring myself to wait any longer haha!

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
'17/'18 is going to be a long wait for you:headbonk:

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I think we might be a ways before we hear anything about the GT500...have you thought of maybe buying a GT now, then trading up? A lot of things cross my mind these days, but I just cannot bring myself to wait any longer haha!
No. I'm actually going back to school in May for 15 months so it works out.
My other car is about to be paid off and I am holding to that as the 500 won't be my daily. I'll just live vicariously thru the board until then.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I think we'll see a GT350R before a GT500. Just wait until January, they'll announce it there probably at the Detroit Auto Show if anything more is coming.

Sponsored

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Yes, have my fingers crossed.

I'm thinking is going to be a 5.8L with a twin turbo setup.
I feel the the twin screw is played out and with the rumored #'s (750 hp) I see them borrowing a play form the EB model.

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No. I'm actually going back to school in May for 15 months so it works out.
My other car is about to be paid off and I am holding to that as the 500 won't be my daily. I'll just live vicariously thru the board until then.
Oh, so then it'll work out then. I'll tell ya what though, if you'll be lurking on the boards...it may be hard to resist the urge to buy something to hold ya over haha! Good luck with whatever route you choose though. :ford:

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
May or may not be getting a EB next year, but hell i wouldnt mind waiting for the GT500.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think we'll see a GT350R before a GT500. Just wait until January, they'll announce it there probably at the Detroit Auto Show if anything more is coming.
Yep, we're expecting the GT350R to be at Detroit, but Ford are very unlikely to announce anything about a GT500.

Rumour has it we'll see the new Raptor and possibly a new GT(40) as well as news of rebranding SVT.

OP, if the timing works for you, and it looks like it will, then sit back, keep an eye on these forums, and you'll know if/when/what GT500 looks like as we move towards the 17/18 Model year :)

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I too am very excited to see the gt500, but I can't wait for it to come out so I ordered a gt pp and will probably buy a gt350 next year when it comes out because I like the sound of the fpc. If in when the gt500 comes out I will be in line for one. I don't think they will use the 5.8 again. I would like to see the gt350 5.2 involved some how.

Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I too am very excited to see the gt500, but I can't wait for it to come out so I ordered a gt pp and will probably buy a gt350 next year when it comes out because I like the sound of the fpc. If in when the gt500 comes out I will be in line for one. I don't think they will use the 5.8 again. I would like to see the gt350 5.2 involved some how.
Ford already stated NO BOOST FOR THE 5.2, because of the high compression,so that would be a big no for the GT 500 if and when it comes out,as per article I saw on the subject.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
gt350 is to badass to pass up imo

t76turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Few...
I am kinda waiting.

I had been 100% on getting the mustang gt. But I keep thinking I hate getting the GT, adding a whipple when from my understanding (unless they can take advantage of the computer from the ecoboost models) they can not use boost based tuning. Which is very helpful when changing boost levels, more accurate, etc.

I would just get a 13 or 14 gt500 but I am really liking the interior of the s550 and I really want cooled seats.

So if I dont get something before the gt500 comes out in a couple years, then I will just get it.
Sponsored