Sponsored

Mustang Bullitt 18-20 stock exhaust question

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I have decided that I do not like the exhaust sound coming through the speakers. Sounds cheap and fake. Looking for a solution
You can actually tell some of it is coming from the speakers? If no one said otherwise, I'd have not even thought about it. And isn't it still up for debate?
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
You can actually tell some of it is coming from the speakers? If no one said otherwise, I'd have not even thought about it. And isn't it still up for debate?

i may be wrong but i thought the "fake" engine noise was on the ecoboost, and the GT/bullitt have active noise canceling style that tries to cancel out bad tones.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have decided that I do not like the exhaust sound coming through the speakers. Sounds cheap and fake. Looking for a solution
There is a very easy one :D. Change this setting with FORScan: ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx. That's it. Just change the 6th character from 2 to 0. Don't think the Bullitt has ANC, but if it does, we're not touching the DSP (782) module. By the way, ANC is turned ON on my Bullitt, as well as secure idle, which makes no sense. If there's no rear microphone, supposedly there's no ANC, and we don't have one. Both seem to be settings that makes no harm leaving them enabled even without being functional, so guess Ford left them on, to minimize programming differences, I guess.

Finally, the GTs have a physical intake tube into the cabin for extra intake noise. The Bullitts don't have it due to their different intakes (from the GT350), having fake speaker sound instead. And no, you cannot tell it's coming from the speakers. But sounds much better natural IMO, and still plenty loud (but quieter), at least for my tastes.

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
There is a very easy one :D. Change this setting with FORScan: ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx. That's it. Just change the 6th character from 2 to 0. Don't think the Bullitt has ANC, but if it does, we're not touching the DSP (782) module. By the way, ANC is turned ON on my Bullitt, as well as secure idle, which makes no sense. If there's no rear microphone, supposedly there's no ANC, and we don't have one. Both seem to be settings that makes no harm leaving them enabled even without being functional, so guess Ford left them on, to minimize programming differences, I guess.

Finally, the GTs have a physical intake tube into the cabin for extra intake noise. The Bullitts don't have it due to their different intakes (from the GT350), having fake speaker sound instead. And no, you cannot tell it's coming from the speakers. But sounds much better natural IMO, and still plenty loud (but quieter), at least for my tastes.
Hey thanks for the answer to this! Now gotta go learn about FORScan...... Lol
Sponsored