Sponsored

COBB Stage 2 Ecoboost Mustang racing @ OSW Dragway (2300-2500+ DA)

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
It was very hot today at my local track here in central Florida, the DA during this run in the video was around 2300+ DA, I did other runs but the car's tires was spinning in them so those weren't included in the video.

The car's mods include COBB Stage 2 ots tune, CVF street intercooler, and K&N drop in filter. The car's tire pressure in this race is 37 psi for the front set and 28 psi for the rear set (measured warm). There were approximately half a tank of 93 octane fuel remaining.

My best run of the day was a 13.502 seconds @ 104.9 mph, with DA correction the run is around 13.13 seconds @ 107.9 mph.

I hope I get a nice night at the track with the DA in the negative zone around December through February of next year that way I could make a video of the car running 12s.

I will be making more runs when it gets in the 60s or lower (Fahrenheit) at the same local track.
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice run! I think your time and MPH was good given the DA.

From my Ecoboost experience (Focus ST) a lot of people were not big fans of the COBB OTS tune. You may be able to pick up some more with a custom tune... dyno or e-tune and having it tweaked sending some data logs back to the tuner.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not bad. That would be real low 13s on a northeast track. We had +700da yesterday.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
Nice, what diff? you cut out the launch :(

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
Nice, what diff? you cut out the launch :(
The car has 3:15 gears, I brake boosted and launched at 2100 rpm with the transmission in S mode and let the car shift itself. The track was very sticky (at least during the beginning of the races before the street cars marinated the entire staging area with water).

I think I launched too low of an rpm, if next time I go and the track is sticky like that, I think I can get away with launching at closer to 2500 rpm and get a better quarter mile time. I think the car can do high 12s on a really cold night with a sticky track.

Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah when I Lived in Florida we knew that summertime temps and humidity wouldn't make for good time, so we'd just enjoy hanging out and would plan our track days for jan-march. Keep working on your launch and when the cool air gets there you'll be ready! ;)

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
Yeah when I Lived in Florida we knew that summertime temps and humidity wouldn't make for good time, so we'd just enjoy hanging out and would plan our track days for jan-march. Keep working on your launch and when the cool air gets there you'll be ready! ;)

During the Covid19 lock down earlier this year (March through April), there were plenty of cool and cold nights here in central FL and not a drop of rain for weeks. It's alright I will just wait till next year. :D

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
are your staging times long? if so how do you keep your IC temps down while waiting in line

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
are your staging times long? if so how do you keep your IC temps down while waiting in line
That day in the video was a Sunday but the track tends to get packed on all days that it is open for racing. I try to arrive early to the track to give the car more time to cool down. When the street car lanes is called to race, I start the car when the car in front is two car lengths ahead and I keep my distance so the car's engine doesn't breathe in that hot exhaust.

SteedaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Ecoboost
Good run! That’s my local track as well (only live about 5 mins away). Too bad it’s been so hot lately, the turbo cars are going to suffer for a little while for sure.

Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
just bought a pass for this saturday morning! should be 50's in the early morning with high of 70s. Will have gopro set-up. Don't know if i've seen any EBPP1 A10 videos

OP
OP
Solteka

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
Good run! That’s my local track as well (only live about 5 mins away). Too bad it’s been so hot lately, the turbo cars are going to suffer for a little while for sure.
That Bithlo track will be seeing 80F heat most of the way till December, hopefully we get lucky and a strong cold front comes in September or November and no rain.
Sponsored