Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Qu8Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
They want my tech to do some WOT pulls. I like and trust my tech but I don't like other people running the hell out of my car. I am not sure what to do....
Can your tech get your car to a dyno? That's the best way to get a WOT log without too much worry on your part.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Unless they run the car up to 100 mph, the pump will probably not show an issue. My tech will not do that on the street for many reasons. My concern is that it will show no issue at legal speeds so they won't do anything.

We have a Roush dealer with a dyno but I don't like them nearly as well as the tech who installed the kit.

I am going to reach out to Roush myself and see why they need the logs.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My dealer would not run the car past 60mph, They replaced my pump and told me if the code comes back bring the car back to the dealership

I’m a bit confused, why is it our job to go to a dyno facility to data log a possible fuel starvation issue?

If anything Roush should have all of us who have had the code go to a dyno facility of their choice and local to our area, and data log the cars FOR FREE.

Or send us a BAP with a revised tune

We should not pay any additional money to correct this problem.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Stymee, did you dealer warranty your pump through Roush or through Ford?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
They want my tech to do some WOT pulls. I like and trust my tech but I don't like other people running the hell out of my car. I am not sure what to do....
If it were my car, I wouldn't bring it back. Like you said, they probably wouldn't find the issue because he would have to go over 90 MPH.
If it happens again, can you just get the pump replaced with a better one and call it a day?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Stymee, did you dealer warranty your pump through Roush or through Ford?
Honestly I think through Ford, when I spoke to Gavin (Roush) he just said some pumps vary from car to car but they wanted data to determine this phenomenon, I explained to him at least 4 other guys had the issue. I think your the 2nd guy to actually tell them about this issue

Possibly Ccull too

Believe me they know this post is here, they should just offer a BAP and be done with this bs.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That’s why I won’t go to Atco, drive an hour, make 1st pass (Maybe the car throws the code) drive a hour home

Bullsh*t :angry:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
That’s why I won’t go to Atco, drive an hour, make 1st pass (Maybe the car throws the code) drive a hour home

Bullsh*t :angry:
It is possible that you indeed had a weak pump and now it is fixed. Just seems suspicious to me that several people with P2 have weak pumps.

I am going to try to call someone at Roush next week and see what they expect to learn from the logs...and what they intend to do based on what they see.

I am very tempted to just abort trying to get them to do anything and replace the damn pump.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Whipple sounding better now huh? :p

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I'd for trade a Kia in for a Raptor.
I SOOOOOOOO want to... Either for a Raptor or an F-150 Limited. There are a few here in AR that I would like to go look at but it's a bad idea if I do. I just paid off the Kia.. It's a 2015 with 50,000 miles on it. Only 1 problem that cost me $450 and that's because the bumper to bumper is expired. Still have the powertrain warranty. It *was* a $45k car in 2015 :) It's fun, but not V6 Twin Turbo fun. (It's a 300hp V6).

ccull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Roushcharged
Honestly I think through Ford, when I spoke to Gavin (Roush) he just said some pumps vary from car to car but they wanted data to determine this phenomenon, I explained to him at least 4 other guys had the issue. I think your the 2nd guy to actually tell them about this issue

Possibly Ccull too

Believe me they know this post is here, they should just offer a BAP and be done with this bs.
Def spoke to them about it. They asked me to go to dealer the second it comes on so they can pull the logs. I haven’t had the time to do it, maybe tomorrow I can find some safe streets to do some pulls.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It is possible that you indeed had a weak pump and now it is fixed. Just seems suspicious to me that several people with P2 have weak pumps.

I am going to try to call someone at Roush next week and see what they expect to learn from the logs...and what they intend to do based on what they see.

I am very tempted to just abort trying to get them to do anything and replace the damn pump.
That’s why I sent the emails to KB and Vortech, I don’t believe their BAPS require lowering voltage.

Just plug and play, no more issue, but I haven’t gotten any info from either company yet

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Whipple sounding better now huh? :p
We’ll get it straightened out, Again my car hasn’t thrown the code since the new pump but as u know fuel pressure loss is not something any of us want with a boosted car:rockon:

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
I know Stymee told me to relax with the code problems, but I previously I asked about this to Roush rep and just got a reply saying he said he will let engineering team be aware of this issue.
One thing for sure, he told me they are aware of this check engine light problems, and they haven't got a report of engine damage or anything in regards to low fuel pressure.

I am not worried about this anymore. Just sharing what I got back from them.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
For the difference in price between a Roush and Whipple with custom tune, OPGs and CS, I could buy 10 fuel pumps.

I don't know if the fuel pressure is low enough to actually cause damage....but it is concerning. In my opinion, their kit should include an upgraded pump or bap.