Sponsored

Political rants, humor, and other nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
If there was a true independent candidate they would get my vote. There isn't so I have two choices just like in 2016. Like then it was the lesser of two evils. Unlike most people who only knew of Trump as a super rich TV star I knew differently. Knowing what I know prevented me from even giving him one microsecond of thought. Is Biden a crook, yeah, maybe, so what politician isn't to some degree? But Trump, never is a billion years.
LMAO! You're about as independent as CNN. You never did respond how you are so much worse off under Trump.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You're about as independent as CNN
Since you have no ideas what my positions are on the issues, just another ODS/BDS comment.

You never did respond how you are so much worse off under Trump.
I do not recalling that I ever indicated any such thing. I'm actually doing very well, but very little has anything to do with Trump. I saw a few pennies from the great tax cut but honestly other than that nothing. Wait, now that I think of it a couple of my investment accounts went down (I didn't lose anything because I didn't sell them) due to Trump's total mismanagement of the COVID-19 situation but that it.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Since you have no ideas what my positions are on the issues, just another ODS/BDS comment.

I do not recalling that I ever indicated any such thing. I'm actually doing very well, but very little has anything to do with Trump. I saw a few pennies from the great tax cut but honestly other than that nothing. Wait, now that I think of it a couple of my investment accounts went down (I didn't lose anything because I didn't sell them) due to Trump's total mismanagement of the COVID-19 situation but that it.
I've just never seen you say a single positive thing about him (kind of like the liberal bias of the MSM). I would think as an independent, you would at least acknowledge some of his accomplishments even if you don't approve of the man himself, such as acknowledging the appointments of many conservative constitutional judges as a very positive thing; or his decimation of ISIS or GDP growth or unemployment numbers (at least pre pandemic pandemonium); or wage growth or push towards energy independence.

And, if you've lost any money in a retirement account since he took office, it's not very well managed since the markets are still up over 35% since he was elected. It would just seem like an independent could at least find one positive thing here.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I've just never seen you say a single positive thing about him (kind of like the liberal bias of the MSM). I would think as an independent, you would at least acknowledge some of his accomplishments even if you don't approve of the man himself, such as acknowledging the appointments of many conservative constitutional judges as a very positive thing; or his decimation of ISIS or GDP growth or unemployment numbers (at least pre pandemic pandemonium); or wage growth or push towards energy independence.

And, if you've lost any money in a retirement account since he took office, it's not very well managed since the markets are still up over 35% since he was elected. It would just seem like an independent could at least find one positive thing here.
Let me think about this for awhile...........

Still thinking.

OK, I’ll give you Isis. I’ll also give a thumbs up on the First Step act.

On the negative side.....never mind it would take up the next twenty pages.

But just one little one.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...congressman-an-american-fraud-on-memorial-day
This is what he really thinks about our Vets. Disgusting, disgraceful, and disrespectful.

With all this I still don’t hate him. I just don’t care enough about him to expend that kind of energy.

And do not be concerned about my investments. YOY I’m still up. No one has a portfolio that doesn’t show loses on occasion.

OP
OP
lacanteen

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
3815b051b9272938698514e3793cb178ac0bdc34.jpg

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I genuinely wonder how the US is going to get out of the mess it is in politically. There really is no middle ground (or so it seems) with extreme views that cannot accept the other side can be right on anything. Sadly it will tear the USA apart and strangle progress.

In the UK you win elections by courting the centre ground voters and moderating extreme views, hence the reason we have had very successful Labour and Conservative governments that actually behave quite similarly. The failures, such as Labour recently, was because they had become far to extreme left for the centre ground people to vote for them. Because we only have one political house (the Lord's has little power) we don't get the silly strangulation of progress you get where the two sides block each other on principle.

It's also worth noting that even Democrats would be seen as moderately right wing in the UK, that is how far out there you are in the US.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I genuinely wonder how the US is going to get out of the mess it is in politically. There really is no middle ground (or so it seems) with extreme views that cannot accept the other side can be right on anything. Sadly it will tear the USA apart and strangle progress.

In the UK you win elections by courting the centre ground voters and moderating extreme views, hence the reason we have had very successful Labour and Conservative governments that actually behave quite similarly. The failures, such as Labour recently, was because they had become far to extreme left for the centre ground people to vote for them. Because we only have one political house (the Lord's has little power) we don't get the silly strangulation of progress you get where the two sides block each other on principle.

It's also worth noting that even Democrats would be seen as moderately right wing in the UK, that is how far out there you are in the US.
Good points Greg. Keep in mind that our problems started escalating long before Donald Trump and will continue long after he is gone. We need change in our Congress and it starts with term limits. We have to get the old entitled guard out, now.

Do you have term limits in the UK?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Good points Greg. Keep in mind that our problems started escalating long before Donald Trump and will continue long after he is gone. We need change in our Congress and it starts with term limits. We have to get the old entitled guard out, now.

Do you have term limits in the UK?
Yes, I understand has been getting worse for a while. Yes, 5 years maximum term for a government here.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Just watched Trump claiming NASA/ Space X is 'Space Force' - which it isn't, and even then starts drifting into a political speech about the Trump administration and federal judges.

What is this guy on ? (sorry I know he drinks bleach)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.