Active exhaust upgrade question

DjMig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 with AE
Hi all, I am new here. Have a 19 GT PP1 with AE. Currently have a roush h pipe. Was thinking of adding borla stinger axle back. Anyone have any thoughts? What sound quality should I expect to gain? Thank you!!
Sponsored

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm running a similar set up on my 19' PP1 with AE. MBRP stainless X pipe, and Borla S type active axle backs. Quiet mode cold start is about the same as X pipe active exhaust only. Huge difference with normal, sport, and track mode though. Sounds incredible. Zero drone on the highway. It's exactly as Borla advertises. Quiet when cruising, but drop a gear and put your foot down and it's very loud.

OP
OP

DjMig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 with AE
I'm running a similar set up on my 19' PP1 with AE. MBRP stainless X pipe, and Borla S type active axle backs. Quiet mode cold start is about the same as X pipe active exhaust only. Huge difference with normal, sport, and track mode though. Sounds incredible. Zero drone on the highway. It's exactly as Borla advertises. Quiet when cruising, but drop a gear and put your foot down and it's very loud.
Any thoughts on the corsa sport axle back with active option? Still leaning towards borla s type but AM has a sale on the corsa now! Thanks again

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I would suggest the Corsa for sure, great sounding axle back for the price. We are running a killer deal on them at the moment as well. Can't be beat. Let me know if you are interested. Lethalperformance.com

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Hi Mig, there are a few aftermarket exhaust options that retain the active exhaust functionality. One word of advice we have is that considering you have an aggressive midpipe, be mindful of how aggressive you go with the catback, as the volume can easily get unbearable with the two combined. If there are any other questions we can answer, please feel free to drop us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
IMO the Corsa is too raspy with an x pipe. The borla has a deeper tone.
Sponsored