Sponsored

Stand alone Line-Lock? Nobody offers a kit?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Factory line lock hasn't worked for me yet, and I really don't want to be holding up others while fiddling with it when I go to the drag strip this summer. The kits sold are all for pre S550 cars. I could probably form the lines and buy the solenoid, and install it myself, but I am surprised there isn't any pre-fabbed kits out there for the S550 yet.
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Why isn't the factory line lock working for you? It is really a very good system. There is no reason to fiddle with it while at the burnout box. You can have it all set while waiting in the staging area and when it is time for the burnout, it only takes a couple of seconds to engage it.

OP
OP
Cory S

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Why isn't the factory line lock working for you? It is really a very good system. There is no reason to fiddle with it while at the burnout box. You can have it all set while waiting in the staging area and when it is time for the burnout, it only takes a couple of seconds to engage it.
I’d still rather have a switch if I can, but I’ll revisit it again soon.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Factory line lock hasn't worked for me yet, and I really don't want to be holding up others while fiddling with it when I go to the drag strip this summer. The kits sold are all for pre S550 cars. I could probably form the lines and buy the solenoid, and install it myself, but I am surprised there isn't any pre-fabbed kits out there for the S550 yet.
Maybe find an deserted back road and practice engaging/disengaging the Line Lock feature until your comfortable/consistent using it.
That way when your actually in the staging lanes, it will be second nature to you and will be alot easier/faster to engage it.

OP
OP
Cory S

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I’ll have to check again soon if I had enough operating temperature. Anyone know what ECT needs to be? I MIGHT not have been above even 150-160° yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cory S

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
CJ Pony parts has a YouTube video on the Line Lock engagement process.
Wouldn't hurt to take a look.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
You have to put the brake on harder than you think for the line lock to engage, basically leg press it, also steering wheel needs to be straight, and you have to be on a level surface I believe. You may also have to be in dragstrip mode. On the non digital cluster you scroll to track apps and find it in there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cory S

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You have to put the brake on harder than you think for the line lock to engage, basically leg press it, also steering wheel needs to be straight, and you have to be on a level surface I believe. You may also have to be in dragstrip mode. On the non digital cluster you scroll to track apps and find it in there.
From what I have read, you can initiate it in any drive mode other than wet/snow. I don’t have “drag” mode. Track mode I do have.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Factory line lock only takes a few seconds to activate,but you do have to push the hell out of the brake pedal for it to work.

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Ford Owners Video:
https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...use-the-ford-mustang-trackapps-line-lock.html

Process:
1) Select > Track Apps
2) Select > Line Lock
3) Press brake pedal hard enough for the bar gauge to reach the yellow arrows.
4) Release the brake pedal
5) Complete burnout
6) Press "OK" to release Line Lock

Requirements: Must be travelling less than 25mph. (Line Lock is disabled in Wet/Snow mode only)
Sponsored