Sponsored

RECOMMENDED: Protuning by Stratified Automotive Controls

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I recommend Stratified Automotive Controls for tuning the Ecoboost Mustang.

After two extremely negative tuning experiences with other Protuners, I was debating a partout and moving on to another car, but I spoke with Stratified first. I contacted them to explain my needs, and interviewed Alex Gutica, founder and lead engineer, to try and determine if he was going to listen to me, the customer and vehicle owner, or ignore me and do whatever he wanted, like the others did.

After determining that I was finally being heard, I decided to give Stratified one last try for tuning, and I’m glad I did. Working with Alex was a pleasure. He is very professional, listens to the customer, and understands the Ecoboost platform with unparalleled expertise.

He was finally able to build me a tune without causing damage or putting my engine at risk. My 2015 pulls like a freight train with the 91oct tune, and like a possessed freight train with the methanol injection tune. Flooring it in second gear is like being shot out of a cannon! More importantly, both tunes are clean, exhibiting only trivial negative corrections. The crackle tune sounds amazing with my exhaust, and is worth every penny of the upcharge, too.

Two places Stratified could improve are speed and price – they can take a long time between revisions, and they cost more than their competitors – but I would rather spend more time and money to get it done right than have it done cheap, fast, and sloppy!

In hindsight, I would have come to Stratified Automotive Controls first and avoided a lot of wasted time, money, and Advil for my headaches. Stratified is the only Protuner I can recommend to others.
Sponsored

gatornek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I recommend Stratified Automotive Controls for tuning the Ecoboost Mustang.

After two extremely negative tuning experiences with other Protuners, I was debating a partout and moving on to another car, but I spoke with Stratified first. I contacted them to explain my needs, and interviewed Alex Gutica, founder and lead engineer, to try and determine if he was going to listen to me, the customer and vehicle owner, or ignore me and do whatever he wanted, like the others did.

After determining that I was finally being heard, I decided to give Stratified one last try for tuning, and I’m glad I did. Working with Alex was a pleasure. He is very professional, listens to the customer, and understands the Ecoboost platform with unparalleled expertise.

He was finally able to build me a tune without causing damage or putting my engine at risk. My 2015 pulls like a freight train with the 91oct tune, and like a possessed freight train with the methanol injection tune. Flooring it in second gear is like being shot out of a cannon! More importantly, both tunes are clean, exhibiting only trivial negative corrections. The crackle tune sounds amazing with my exhaust, and is worth every penny of the upcharge, too.

Two places Stratified could improve are speed and price – they can take a long time between revisions, and they cost more than their competitors – but I would rather spend more time and money to get it done right than have it done cheap, fast, and sloppy!

In hindsight, I would have come to Stratified Automotive Controls first and avoided a lot of wasted time, money, and Advil for my headaches. Stratified is the only Protuner I can recommend to others.
Very cool. I'm glad you took the time to document this experience. I too, would want a similar experience if I ever moved on from my FP tune. I've thought about stratified, and I've also thought about Lund in that regard. Both have put out a lot of solid material and documentation out there, in what they have learned about this platform. I know there are a couple of frequently used pro tuners whose names I won't mention not wanting to call specific attention...but my sense is similar in that their 'attitudes' may already be already set in what they WANT to do, because they are the experts....even though its YOUR car.

My initial thought is, to get an aftermarket turbo, and add methanol injection once my warranty period is expired. Maybe the FP cams, just for the slight extra lift & duration. Do you feel they would be just as proficient in tuning a new turbo?

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
My initial thought is, to get an aftermarket turbo, and add methanol injection once my warranty period is expired. Maybe the FP cams, just for the slight extra lift & duration. Do you feel they would be just as proficient in tuning a new turbo?
I do. I may be upgrading my turbo this year or next, and I'll be looking to them again when I do.

EuroTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Turbo
Can you post exhaust videos with crackles please?

Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
Best I'll be able to do is cellphone video from inside the car, but I can try.
i mean you could just lay your phone on the ground a few feet away from exhaust with microphone pointing at exhaust, or you could do like i did for my post in exhaust thread i found a lamp pole with concrete base that's 2-3 feet high and set my phone on that.

could you go more into your experience you had with them too? aside from mod support what can they do to personalize a tune?

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
could you go more into your experience you had with them too? aside from mod support what can they do to personalize a tune?
Crackle tune, launch control, multiple fuels, a few other options, I think.

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
They're a local tuner for me. I'll be using them in the spring and getting my car dyno tuned.

OP
OP
RubyRed15

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Stratified crackle tune with Solo Performance turbo-back.

Sponsored