Check fuel fill inlet???

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Message started today, read up and people stated problems filling their car with it cutting off at 1/4th of a tank and this has happened maybe 5 times. Check evap hoses in engine bay and under trunk area. Everything seems fine, haven’t checked the actual fuel fill thing or cleaned it but does anyone have another answer to this??
Sponsored

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
have yet to experience it on my mustang but the wife's hyundai has done it to me a few times, no idea why still after a couple of years....keep us updated if you find anything

OP
OP
HTX.S550

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Most likely just going to delete the evap unless there’s a easier and better solution
have yet to experience it on my mustang but the wife's hyundai has done it to me a few times, no idea why still after a couple of years....keep us updated if you find anything

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
In California, we have gas pumps with these maddening contraptions that are like hard plastic foreskins that I think completely seal off the fuel neck, cause pressure to build and frequently shut down the pump during filling, and sometimes would cause me to short fill. That said, when I switched to E85 where the pumps simply have the (circumcised) bare metal nozzle sticking out, the fuel flows no problem. I hope the phallic references don't offend anyone, nor am I stating an opinion about circumcision.

OP
OP
HTX.S550

HTX.S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
In California, we have gas pumps with these maddening contraptions that are like hard plastic foreskins that I think completely seal off the fuel neck, cause pressure to build and frequently shut down the pump during filling, and sometimes would cause me to short fill. That said, when I switched to E85 where the pumps simply have the (circumcised) bare metal nozzle sticking out, the fuel flows no problem. I hope the phallic references don't offend anyone, nor am I stating an opinion about circumcision.
Haha you’re good man. In Texas the pumps are just the your e85 ones, just bare metal. Not sure what’s up with the whole evap thing. Code P0457 pops up, most likely just going to delete the evap

Sponsored

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ha Ha, that’s funny right there.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'e been having this same "Check fuel fill inlet" message pop up on my 2019 GT MT82. Started late last week, couldn't get in to the dealer over the weekend but have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. Find it really odd that a 2019 with 35,000 miles is having this issue but ill let you guys know what the dealer tells me. FWIW the CEL came on this morning on my way to work as well but ive read that this is related to the fuel fill issue and the dealer corroborated. ill keep ya posted!

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
took my car into the dealer this morning to have them check my "check fuel fill inlet" issues out and the code that was registered in PCM was P0457 which i was told was an "evap" code. they performed a "pin point test" as well as an "evap test" but there was nothing wrong there.
long story shorter, was told to just monitor and let them know if i see the message again.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Filling past first click?

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nope, I never waste time at the pump trying to fit more in. I fuel pretty much daily though as I’m a territory sales manager so I can’t be bothered.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Nope, I never waste time at the pump trying to fit more in. I fuel pretty much daily though as I’m a territory sales manager so I can’t be bothered.
I try to avoid full throttle on the dispense gun as well.
Oh well happy trails

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
so just to update everyone, my CEL came back on yesterday and i took it back to the dealer this morning to have them read the code. Came up with the same code as last time P0457 "Evap". they didnt clear it this time and im scheduled to take it back for service next Wednesday morning.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
so i just had my car back to the dealer this morning for them look at my "EVAP" system again.

car had logged a P0455 EVAP LEAK - evap purge valve inlet line leaking at purge valve

correction was "access and replace evap line to purge valve"

if there are any more issues with this ill come back here and update.

Thanks all!
Sponsored