Sponsored

1st Delivery

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Man have to say I'm a little disappointed in this thread. It tis what it tis though. So the guy basically ordered a car < 100 miles from where they are built and people are wondering how he got his first ???? Heck the dealer may have even pulled some strings or got the favor. Or heck they may have drove it right off the lot back to dealership. At that range, they could get a local tow truck flatbed to get the car.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not so sure Ford had anything to do with this dude getting one of the first GT500's.
If his family is super rich, they can dole out the money for it, which in turn, makes him more money as per Youtube views as being one of the first ones to have the new GT500. It's a win-win for him and his family.
I don't see how Ford knew this dude's name or address or anything like that to say,........."YES!, let's sell him one of the first GT500 cars so he can publicly display it for us.". His family showed the dealership the cash and he got the car.
They know hime quite well. He was invited to the Las Vegas event, all expenses paid by Ford, so the story goes.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Man have to say I'm a little disappointed in this thread. It tis what it tis though. So the guy basically ordered a car < 100 miles from where they are built and people are wondering how he got his first ???? Heck the dealer may have even pulled some strings or got the favor. Or heck they may have drove it right off the lot back to dealership. At that range, they could get a local tow truck flatbed to get the car.
Yeah it sounds like he was smart and calculated about getting the car close to the factory. He paid ADM so I doubt Ford was doing him any special favors or he would gave gotten the car much cheaper.

Man these GT500’s look awesome. Too bad no manual transmission, but maybe in the future.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Foiks: I, as usual, may be WAY off base here but don''t you think Ford's PR department tracks social media posts of Ford products? I'd be very surprised if such a group doesn't exist. But, if it does, the boy would almost certainly be on their list to contact.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I’d rather Brooks from DragTimes got the 1st one.... he’d have it at PBIR already.

Sponsored

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
To all of you bitching about Austin, here are some facts...

He got this car despite being a YouTube. He gets nothing free from ford and has no special privileges. Those people with special privileges have October cars. And we all know what's happening with those. He originally ordered a fully specced Track Pack but it wasn't due till spring so he spent hours and hours calling every dealership in the country and put deposits down on several to try to make sure he got one of the early cars. Because that's his job. To get a car to create content for his channel. He then flew himself out to MI (from CA) to take delivery.

We know each other well and no one is more surprised then he is. We expected mine to come way sooner. My Track Pack is number 0199 (an October build) and Ford are holding these indefinitely with no explanation. This sucks and is incredibly annoying. But that has nothing to do with Austin getting his car.

As to how he pays for it? No idea. I know he works his ass off creating content and is a total Ford/Shelby enthusiast. He is a great driver and tracks his cars regularly and will be tracking the GT500.

Love his channel or not, attacking him personally because you're upset your car hasn't arrived or you can't afford one is not an adult or humane thing to do.

So let's focus on getting an answer from Ford as to where our October cars are!

Cheers all.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watched his vid and he was excited and happy about the car. That was genuine. He was also like put my parts on.....I want to get her on the road. The dealer vid was good as well. Car sounds amazing. I truly believe this may be one of the first Shelby's you do not have to do nothing to...but heh there is always something though :)

Congrats, and I look forward to watching or reading for the next people who get their vehicles.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Foiks: I, as usual, may be WAY off base here but don''t you think Ford's PR department tracks social media posts of Ford products? I'd be very surprised if such a group doesn't exist. But, if it does, the boy would almost certainly be on their list to contact.
like @Jmeo mentioned, the Vegas event was exactly this. they know full well

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That said, other you tuber's were there as well on a full ride to say. Black mamba was there and had one of the best times to boot. Did he receive his car ? No still waiting. A few more was there....none has their vehicles. I still say it had something to do with the location of the dealer, or it was luck. Either way, still cool they are getting into people hands. Also what about the White one ? Who's car was that ?

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
the disgusting behavior and jealousy in this thread is amazing. You have no idea about his personal situation. Someone obviously worked very hard for the car. The end. By the way, my GT500 is due in this week. I'm a rich brat too, self made, but same difference.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
They know hime quite well. He was invited to the Las Vegas event, all expenses paid by Ford, so the story goes.
I thought he was invited because of the other Shelbys that he owns, but I'm not sure. That's just an "assumption" on my part.
Either way, I'm not taking sides as I have no skin in this game, except for being extremely jealous. LOL
If Ford indeed know that he was a Youtube guy and let him get one of the earlier cars, that is definitely a crap move on Ford. I will agree with you 100% my friend.

I wonder how much ADM he had to pay, or do you guys think he got it for sticker?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
TLDR but stop watching their youtube videos and save your sanity.

BTW, M6G, if you continue to perpetuate and promote these types of people as news, you're going to lose a lot of members. We're here for Mustangs, not twat waffle rich kids and their spoiled lifestyles.

@Twin Turbo
@Moderator

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I thought he was invited because of the other Shelbys that he owns, but I'm not sure. That's just an "assumption" on my part.
Either way, I'm not taking sides as I have no skin in this game, except for being extremely jealous. LOL
If Ford indeed know that he was a Youtube guy and let him get one of the earlier cars, that is definitely a crap move on Ford. I will agree with you 100% my friend.

I wonder how much ADM he had to pay, or do you guys think he got it for sticker?
I am fine with him getting a car. I am fine with how he got a car. I am fine with what he does for a "living". I really do not have a problem with the kid at all. As a matter of fact, watching him in the dealers video I was happy for him.

I do not know what he paid, however some here say he paid ADM.

What this is coming down to is luck of the draw for the rest of us. It seems there is a rail delivery issue. Apparently the only cars delivered were OTR deliveries. This explains SOME of the issues, if it is indeed valid. However, there are guys here who live close enough to get OTR delivery, and still have not. Their cars have dropped off the tracking radar. There have been MANY mistakes by Ford throughout this process, and there are MANY people who's orders have not even been pulled. The frustration is real.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
This is starting to reek of what was wrong with the Ford GT 'order process'. Those chosen were not the most deserving, it was what Ford could get the most out of the purchaser. I'm sure the Mach -E ordering and delivery will go much better. Sadly.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I am fine with him getting a car. I am fine with how he got a car. I am fine with what he does for a "living". I really do not have a problem with the kid at all. As a matter of fact, watching him in the dealers video I was happy for him.

I do not know what he paid, however some here say he paid ADM.

What this is coming down to is luck of the draw for the rest of us. It seems there is a rail delivery issue. Apparently the only cars delivered were OTR deliveries. This explains SOME of the issues, if it is indeed valid. However, there are guys here who live close enough to get OTR delivery, and still have not. Their cars have dropped off the tracking radar. There have been MANY mistakes by Ford throughout this process, and there are MANY people who's orders have not even been pulled. The frustration is real.
Yeah, that is pretty crappy brother. I'll agree with you. Actually, as someone had posted earlier, the whole rollout of this car has been a mess. I would be frustrated as well.
I read about the "Golden Ticket" on another Mustang forum and that put a sour taste in my mouth about the whole thing. Part of me wishes I waited for the whole ADM and other Ford issues to subside and order a GT500 myself. Who knows,......maybe I will in a year or two? Trade-up, so to speak.

I hope you get your car ASAP Jaime. Hopefully it's not in the middle of winter too. I can't wait to check it out. I'm sikked for you.
I know you've worked hard for this car and your kids are going to be getting one hell of a machine.
Sponsored