First time Mustang buyer

cmkj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
GT (to be)
2020 Base GT 6MT quoted at 31k before tax etc., 34.5k OTD, is this price reasonable? Or should I look for 2019s to have more bargaining grounds?

Thanks guys
Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Seems like a pretty good deal to me but I'd at least opt for the 301A package at minimum unless you're on a super thin budget.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
2020 Base GT 6MT quoted at 31k before tax etc., 34.5k OTD, is this price reasonable? Or should I look for 2019s to have more bargaining grounds?

Thanks guys
You’ll know if this reasonable after you checkout pricing on leftover 19’s. Do your homework now and wait until the last day of the month to strike. Even better at this point see if you can hold out until the last week of December. Dealers who have not hit their sales numbers will give their 19’s away.

OP
OP

cmkj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
GT (to be)
Seems like a pretty good deal to me but I'd at least opt for the 301A package at minimum unless you're on a super thin budget.
You’ll know if this reasonable after you checkout pricing on leftover 19’s. Do your homework now and wait until the last day of the month to strike. Even better at this point see if you can hold out until the last week of December. Dealers who have not hit their sales numbers will give their 19’s away.
Thank you and great idea as I'm not in a big hurry to buy. Upon doing some more digging on their inventory, I see they have two 2019 GTs for sale:
1) w/ 301A + Black Accent + VOICE-ACT TOUCHSCREEN NAV SYS = $31.5k before tax ~21% off msrp
2) Performance Pack + ACTIVE VALVE PERFORMANCE EXH = $33k before tax ~20% off msrp

Any thoughts/ideas? I do not care about the options as long as I have the engine and the stick.

Cheers

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thank you and great idea as I'm not in a big hurry to buy. Upon doing some more digging on their inventory, I see they have two 2019 GTs for sale:
1) w/ 301A + Black Accent + VOICE-ACT TOUCHSCREEN NAV SYS = $31.5k before tax ~21% off msrp
2) Performance Pack + ACTIVE VALVE PERFORMANCE EXH = $33k before tax ~20% off msrp

Any thoughts/ideas? I do not care about the options as long as I have the engine and the stick.

Cheers
Well this actually answers your question......"I do not care about the options as long as I have the engine and the stick."

You are performance minded so the car with the PP is the way you might want to consider. That said the 301A added some very useful features (highlighted). Of course only you know what's valuable to you.

The 301A Equipment Group includes all 300A content plus the following features:
• Nine (9) Speaker Stereo System
• Ambient Lighting with MyColor® and 4.2" Cluster
• Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• Selectable Drive Modes with Toggle switches
• SiriusXM® Radio (Includes a six (6)-month prepaid subscription. Service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii)
• SYNC® 3 – Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System, 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability, Applink®, 911 Assist®, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Compatibility, Smart-Charging USB ports – two (2)

You do have options regarding the Active Exhaust. I have it and absolutely love it. But you could pass on it and do aftermarket down the road.

I understand you are not in a hurry but buying that last week of December could save you a lot of money on either a 2020 or a 2019. If you can pull it off, do it.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Find a base performance pack gt..even if it is a low mileage used.

OP
OP

cmkj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
GT (to be)
Well this actually answers your question......"I do not care about the options as long as I have the engine and the stick."

You are performance minded so the car with the PP is the way you might want to consider. That said the 301A added some very useful features (highlighted). Of course only you know what's valuable to you.

The 301A Equipment Group includes all 300A content plus the following features:
• Nine (9) Speaker Stereo System
• Ambient Lighting with MyColor® and 4.2" Cluster
• Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• Selectable Drive Modes with Toggle switches
• SiriusXM® Radio (Includes a six (6)-month prepaid subscription. Service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii)
• SYNC® 3 – Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System, 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability, Applink®, 911 Assist®, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Compatibility, Smart-Charging USB ports – two (2)

You do have options regarding the Active Exhaust. I have it and absolutely love it. But you could pass on it and do aftermarket down the road.

I understand you are not in a hurry but buying that last week of December could save you a lot of money on either a 2020 or a 2019. If you can pull it off, do it.
Thanks for the breakdown. I will definitely consider one with 301A as long as they have one in stock. I can certainly wait until December - does it have to be the last week of Dec or would the second half of the month be ok as well? What sort of discount will I be looking at realistically?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the breakdown. I will definitely consider one with 301A as long as they have one in stock. I can certainly wait until December - does it have to be the last week of Dec or would the second half of the month be ok as well? What sort of discount will I be looking at realistically?
It really depends on the dealer and the car. Find a dealer that just needs a few more sales to make their monthly/yearly numbers and a car that's been sitting for awhile. That's magic. Dealers are, for the most part, optimists. The more time you give them the less your deal is going to be.

Discounts are so variable that I really wouldn't do you a disservice by guessing. Ballpark would be the best your getting now and may another 1% for each week that goes by.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
If you’re willing to travel... lots of leftovers 19’ sitting around IA MN WI.
Sponsored