Sponsored

Does this annoy anyone else every time they get their wheels balanced?

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Okay, heres my 2 cents. Wife bought a new Acura years back. 5 spoke wheels, inner barrels easily visible from the outside. 3 months later, got a nail in the tire. Noticed myself inner barrels were powdercoated and asked the store manager to please be careful as I didnt want the spot where the inner weights were to be "chiseled" off and be visible. Guess what, tech used what looked like a chisel and removed the weights. Brought manager to the wheel and showed him the removed powdercoating and he saw it and gave me a voucher to come back anytime to have the wheel replaced. I let it go but it taught me a lesson, whenever I have tire and wheel work done, I always bring them the tire and wheel, off the car. I remove the old weights first and clean the inside of the wheel. Now I havent had an issue since. And when I buy new tires, I do the same, bring them all off fhe car with weights removed and insides cleaned. And I realize some folks cant do this on their own, but I am lucky that I still can.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Have you guys ever tried to remove the wheel weight sticky tape on your own? Its not very easy and can take quite a while to do right. Different brands of sticky stuff are not all equally hard. Old tape can be a real pain.

Here’s a suggestion. Take the wheel weights off yourself and clean the wheels before you drive them to the tire place, problem solved.