myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
looking for feedback from 2018+ gt owners with dual mode exhaust that has done the resonator delete with feedback on interior noise. better, worse....thanks
Sponsored

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
H-Pipe; no drone at all except in track mode at highway speeds and holding at 2.5k+ rpms. Not very noticeable but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t there.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Second the H-Pipe, not very loud if you are just cruising around, but when you put your boot into it its crazy loud. Anything under say 3k rpm is noticeable, but nothing crazy.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
looking for feedback from 2018+ gt owners with dual mode exhaust that has done the resonator delete with feedback on interior noise. better, worse....thanks
You don't notice much in the interior. If you have the windows down, yeah, especially if you're under an overpass where it'll reverberate (oh sweet beautiful music). It's not really a better/worse thing. It's going to be louder on an exponential curve as your RPMs go up, like TehEno said. But it's still just the exterior noise coming out of the mufflers.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on whether you go xpipe or hpipe I guess. the hpipe has more drone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
myblkshadow19

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
definitely going x pipe.... saw some reviews on the ford cut and clamp and most with the active exhaust say the same, it's the noise outside the car which i'm ok with. i daily mine so i do want to be able to leave the neighborhood with out waking the dead. thanks again everyone. keep the info coming

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
OP
OP
myblkshadow19

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Drone will be somewhat minimal with just a resonator delete. I prefer the H over the X as it provides a slightly deeper tone vs being a bit raspy sound as the X will provide. We offer plenty of options to choose from: https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...mustang-gt-coyote/exhaust/resonator-deletes-1

Feel free to send me a message with any questions :)
so for understanding purposes i saw a video of someone saying the H pipe doesn't scavenge the exhaust as well as the x pipe. any thoughts? are you really going to notice the difference from H to X as far as performance? thanks again, this helps a lot all....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Drone will be somewhat minimal with just a resonator delete. I prefer the H over the X as it provides a slightly deeper tone vs being a bit raspy sound as the X will provide. We offer plenty of options to choose from: https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...mustang-gt-coyote/exhaust/resonator-deletes-1

Feel free to send me a message with any questions :)
Of the people who stop me daily to tell me how awesome my exhaust sounds not one has said "it sounds raspy". "narly, nasty, loud, obnoxious in a good way, hurts my ears, louder than my buddies truck, what exhaust you go on that thing??" is the only description or questions I get. Almost always from guys driving lifted trucks, harleys, and muscle cars.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
so for understanding purposes i saw a video of someone saying the H pipe doesn't scavenge the exhaust as well as the x pipe. any thoughts? are you really going to notice the difference from H to X as far as performance? thanks again, this helps a lot all....
In theory this is true, but in reality you won't notice a difference on this car.

Sponsored

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
Cold starts will be much louder, even in Quiet Start mode.

Once it's warmed up it sounds stock on startup.

Definitely worth the change, imo. Normal and Sport mode aren't too loud for daily driving,

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Love the sound of the Steeda H-pipe with active exhaust. I only hear a little drone in Track mode. Sport mode is perfect. You won't see much in performance gains, but I did pick up some minimal torque gains under the curve from about 2000-3800 rpm. Wish someone would do the same for an X-pipe just for comparison purposes.

full.jpg

Cold start in Normal mode.

OP
OP
myblkshadow19

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Love the sound of the Steeda H-pipe with active exhaust. I only hear a little drone in Track mode. Sport mode is perfect. You won't see much in performance gains, but I did pick up some minimal torque gains under the curve from about 2000-3800 rpm. Wish someone would do the same for an X-pipe just for comparison purposes.

full.jpg

Cold start in Normal mode.

very nice, how's the interior sound though? idle, normal driving.....that's all I'm concerned with. full throttle or outside is of little concern as i just don't wanna hear it every time i drive it. thanks

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I put the Steeda H pipe resonator delete on mostly to lose some useless weight, everything else is stock. A buddy was sitting in the stands on the front straight when I was doing a track day, he said he could hardly hear the thing going by. My track rat neighbour says my car is louder on the inside than the outside, pretty sure he's right.

OP
OP
myblkshadow19

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I put the Steeda H pipe resonator delete on mostly to lose some useless weight, everything else is stock. A buddy was sitting in the stands on the front straight when I was doing a track day, he said he could hardly hear the thing going by. My track rat neighbour says my car is louder on the inside than the outside, pretty sure he's right.
yea that's exactly what i want to avoid, outside no concern. inside i want as close to stock as possible. thanks for the info
Sponsored