Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations on your find; you sound like you really put some thought into it and knew exactly what you wanted....! I too am looking for a used GT350 and will most likely be searching over the winter as the season is winding down here in WI, I have to affirm Tomster's comments about finding a car you are comfortable with and knowing the history of the vehicle, how it was broken in, oil consumption etc.. that is worth something when it comes to these vehicles. It's a factor that is near the top of my list.
Sponsored

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
There once was a fella called 'Almost(BUT not quite)Famous....
Began his post with "Congrats!" then quickly turned to an ignoramus...
WE are a community here to support, share, learn, and build up( encourage) other like-minded GT350 enthusiasts!
To those who wish to boast, belittle, tear down a 'newbie' and /or his choices is a cheap shot indeed. WE the true car enthusiasts say CONGRATS SIR!
Thanks and thanks for your input. No doubt I’ll be seeking more!

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on your find; you sound like you really put some thought into it and knew exactly what you wanted....! I too am looking for a used GT350 and will most likely be searching over the winter as the season is winding down here in WI, I have to affirm Tomster's comments about finding a car you are comfortable with and knowing the history of the vehicle, how it was broken in, oil consumption etc.. that is worth something when it comes to these vehicles. It's a factor that is near the top of my list.
Thanks! Florida has great all around weather and smooth roads but WI has some beautiful driving places. Good luck and keep us posted!

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Thanks and thanks for your input. No doubt I’ll be seeking more!
Yes sir! We have all gained from the vast pool of informed, friendly, experienced guys and gals who love their GT350! Some of us have-for one reason or another-now owned multiple GT350s and actually drive them! Lol!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Your owners kit went out FedEx this morning. I included a DVD full of photos and memorabilia of the track weekend from the photos. You should have received the 2 blackstone oil analysis reports for when I had the car.

I couldn't find the oil filter tool, but I know I have it. When o come across it, I will fwd it to you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Your owners kit went out FedEx this morning. I included a DVD full of photos and memorabilia of the track weekend from the photos. You should have received the 2 blackstone oil analysis reports for when I had the car.

I couldn't find the oil filter tool, but I know I have it. When o come across it, I will fwd it to you.
Tom,

I got your emails. Your generosity has no limits! Thank you very much.

Don’t worry about the Filter wrench, I have one, along with the torque wrench , the bits, and everything else to do in oil change except race ramps. Which I have an order.

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
All -

I have to take a moment to call out Tom and his supreme generosity. I am amazed at his helpfulness in this significant purchase. Really can’t put a price on knowing the previous owners love and care for the vehicle, the proper break in, the oil analysis , the OWNERS KIT, and all the other memorabilia, As well as the opportunity to potentially meet him in person as he’s not too far away.

This is above and beyond what you’d expect buying a used car, even a GT 350, and is a testament to Tom’s character.

I also want to thank (mostly) all of you, as I see I have bought into a self supporting community, and I appreciate it. I will make an earnest effort to pass on your generosity to others.

Cheers to beers to you!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom,

I got your emails. Your generosity has no limits! Thank you very much.

Don’t worry about the Filter wrench, I have one, along with the torque wrench , the bits, and everything else to do in oil change except race ramps. Which I have an order.
It's no problem. The tool is serialized with your chassis number and it is a perfect fit for the oil filter. A cheap tool from advanced auto parts may "skip the teeth" of the filter. It is critical that the filter is torqued correctly.

I get layovers in your area from time to time. I don't want to drive her, but it would be nice to see her again.

OP
OP
18usc371

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
It's no problem. The tool is serialized with your chassis number and it is a perfect fit for the oil filter.
Did not know this! In that case . . .

If you're ever in SW FL or layover at RSW, by all means. I will PM contact #s.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Did not know this! In that case . . .

If you're ever in SW FL or layover at RSW, by all means. I will PM contact #s.
I'm there off and on. I just changed bases, so we will see. Either way, I'll get there eventually. In the mean time, I'll find the tool and either send it to you or bring it with me if/when I have another RSW layover.
Sponsored